Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Missing threads

Posted by Pauline on 5/31/03 at 23:12 (120583)

Just checking did anyone find the missing threads? What's most interesting is this isn't the first time excitable posts have gone missing especially when they contain liable issues.

It certainly is strange that the threads prior to and following those that took a walk are there, but 24 hrs after the final post to this thread was made the entire group of them left the board. Like they all had diarrhea.

That must set some kind of record. I know for a fact it beats the old vanishing threads 'time' record by hours.

Re: Missing threads

Scott R on 6/01/03 at 16:51 (120649)

if there are ever any missing threads and you don't know why, please email me. only wendy actually emailed to ask and yet there is lengthy discussion and speculation. elliot has not been booted. i did a search of the night in question (Scott D wrote on the morning of 5/29 that the previous evening he saw a heated thread).
Maybe the problem is that every 10,000 posts, there is file shifting. Or it has to do with the enormous length of the thread (51 posts). Or maybe something just burped...i thought i had fixed all the burps. this is the first missing thread i've heard of in a long time. To see every message in the thread, do a search on 119774, the original post by Pauline.

The specific post Brian G pointed out can be found here:
It has links to the other posts that eve.

All the messages posted that evening can be found here:

please email me when you see missing threads and be as specific as possible

BrianG on 6/01/03 at 19:27 (120661)

Hi Scottr,

I'm still not sure what happened, and apparently you aren't either. I do have a question about the monitors though. In the past I have fired off a few messeges to you, if I noticed something not kosher, like a spammer hitting the forum. I didn't send anything this time as you had appointed the new monitors not to long ago.

I must confess that I tuned out almost all of that political mess, and did not actually see what the duties of the monitors were. Could you, for me and all the new folks, explain the duties of the 3 monitors. It may make for less confusion in the future.

Thanks for stopping in,

Scott R on 6/01/03 at 19:47 (120666)

i do not know who has the passwords, so i don't know who are the monitors....i forgot....i think only one sort of volunteered....everyone else seems to have the attitude of 'no way' when i suggest them doing it....maybe i should turn it over to pauline..... :) actually one way is to give deletion rights to those who are on opposite sides of things...that way we can be like muslims and just kill each other off until no one is left to annoy others with arguments.....just kidding !!! no really, i think it's a good idea.... just imagine if all the argumentative jerks on the board had the rights to delete each other's posts....without having to consult me....oh what peace we could enjoy....but you know what...they always refuse when i offer...they like for the fighting...and the ones bothered by the fights are too nice to do the deleting themselves...they just want to complain...have i made any friends yet? this ought to piss everyone off... except those with a sense of humor at it all.....and to those with a sense of humor would have the right to EDIT posts secretly!!! ha ha wouldn't that be a hoot!! =:)

Dr. Z on 6/01/03 at 20:11 (120668)

Can I be one of those muslim moniters.? I promise to leave at least one poster left so long as I can tell them they may need ESWT.

wendyn on 6/01/03 at 23:28 (120685)

Scott you are truly evil. =:)

Have you been into that soy and beer again? /:)

You gave John and I the passwords, but we've never used them.

Glad to see that YOUR sense of humor remains the same.

Have a nice night!

john h on 6/02/03 at 08:11 (120691)

Among other things Monitors drink beer and martinis. We also try to annoy Elliott and Pauline as much as possible. We purposely edit Dr. Z'S. Post and make sure he has misspelled words. Most of all we have fun.

marie on 6/02/03 at 08:51 (120696)

At least it makes for interesting conversation. I think for the most part the boards have been pretty good. There is always going to be some heat in some discussion on some topics. It breaks down when folks get offended.

Cheers Scott!

Pauline on 6/02/03 at 09:00 (120697)

Glad your 'big' enough to admit it. The beer drinking and martinis, but I personally think Muslims would or could be offended by the post that lead up to this one.

Maybe it was a joke, but under the sad circumstances taking place in that part of our world it's perhaps unsensitive to the feelings of those people that wake up daily hoping they won't become victims as they go through their day.

I think they need to be in our prayers, not in our jokes.

john h on 6/02/03 at 10:23 (120707)

Pauline you may be right. My post was not intended to offend anyone and was no way related to the post about Muslims. Life is tough everywhere even for non Muslims.We need to keep a little humor in our life as there is plenty of the other stuff to face each and every day.

Scott R on 6/02/03 at 10:47 (120710)

well, i only mentioned muslims because it's more politically correct than mentioning a certain segment of the AMERICAN population that kills each other so often.

Re: Underlining

Necee on 6/03/03 at 22:01 (120847)

There you go underlining!! How on earth did you do that??

Happy trails...

Carole C in NOLA on 6/04/03 at 06:36 (120856)

I don't see any underlining!

Carole C

Necee on 6/04/03 at 21:55 (120985)

Scott underlined in his post, I've tried and it doesn't work for me.....I was wondering what I'm doing wrong.

Carole C in NOLA on 6/04/03 at 22:45 (120996)

You're right... I was tired and missed it, but he did. I don't know how, though. I usually just use caps or else do something weird like:

the word on a line of its own, or do :x WEIRD :x stuff with it instead.

Carole C

Necee on 6/05/03 at 00:39 (121006)

Oh well....I don't guess I'll be underlining words then. I do wonder why we can't just use the shift key and the underline key, like we use to do in typing class.

Happy trails...