Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

HEEL SPURS

Posted by Janice B on 6/01/03 at 20:36 (120674)

I'VE BEEN SUFFERING WITH THIS PROBLEM FOR 5 YEARS AND HAVE WORN ORTHOTETICS
FOR THE PAST 4 YEARS. THIS HAS HELPED THE PROBLEM BUT NOW THE PAIN HAS RETURNED BUT HAS SHIFTED FROM THE LEFT SIDE TO THE RIGHT SIDE OF MY RIGHT
FOOT. DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHY THE PAIN HAS MOVED FROM THE LEFT SIDE TO THE RIGHT SIDE OF MY FOOT? MY PODIATRIST HAS RECOMMENDED THE EXTRACORPOREAL SHOCK WAVE TREATMENT, BUT MY INSURANCE COMPANY WILL NOT PAY
FOR THE PROCEDURE BECAUSE THEY THINK IT IS EXPERIMENTAL EVEN THOUGH IT HAS
BEEN APPROVED BY THE FDA. THEY WILL, HOWEVER, PAY FOR A SURGICAL PROCEDURE. WHAT ARE YOUR FEELINGS ABOUT THE EXTRACORPOREAL SHOCK WAVE TREATMENT AND ARE THE RESULTS OF THIS TREATMENT USUALLY SUCCESSFUL?
THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME.

REGARDS,

JANICE B

Re: HEEL SPURS

Dr. Z on 6/01/03 at 20:51 (120676)

Hi

When it shifts it is usually the lateral band of the plantar fascia that is involved. Improper shoes and your orthosis may be the problem. What kind
of treatment have you had for this lateral band plantar fasciitis. ESWT is very effective for insertional plantar fasciitis. ESWT is usally used for medial band plantar fasciitis. I have used it for lateral band plantar fasciitis with good results. There is no surgical procedure for lateral band plantar fasciitis so how can your insurance pay for a procedure that doesn't exist. Just joking. Tell me more about has been done for the present lateral band plantar fasciitis.?