Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Ultra sound too high?

Posted by Gail S. on 6/03/03 at 13:41 (120811)

Hello: I am inquiring about a ultra sound treatment I recieved last week on both my feet,(treatment for P.F.) It felt warmer than other treatments almost hot. I did recieve ice after, as the day progressed my feet continued to stay hot and burn, pain increased and swelling in feet and ankles was present.This condition lasted a coulple days. Could this been caused by the ultra sound being too high and not enough gel being used? THANKS!

Re: Ultra sound too high?

Mar on 6/04/03 at 07:27 (120858)

I don;t know the answer to your question, but I had ultrasound treatments twice a week for 8 months and I never felt any heat from the machine, in fact I used to ask the pod if anything was really happening! I would call your doc and ask him/her about it. Mar

Re: Ultra sound too high?

Gail S. on 6/05/03 at 11:02 (121031)

Yes, my Dr. did say that it was very possible the burning,pain and swelling was caused by ultra sound, since I did feel the heat. also the 'new' assistant I feel did not use enough gel during the treatment. I just thought they had got a new machine that had heat now I double check the setting and lots of gel.
Thank You.....