Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Posted by Bev on 6/04/03 at 09:09 (120879)

Pest is back from vacation with questions. I really do believe now that I have PN along with my PF and I want to know that if I have ESWT for my PF if it will have negative effects on the PN . I have read the 'Numb Toes and Aching Soles' inside and out and the 3 doctors also said I have nerve damage so that is a given also. Is it possible that the PN was generated from the chronic PF I have had over the last 2 years ? Does that happen, PN happens from chronic cases of PF ? Or does the 2 happen at the same time? Will having ESWT have harmful effects on the PN ? I have an appointment on 6/9/03 with Dr. Jeffery B. Klein in Waterford, Michigan and I will see what he thinks, however I would also like your opinion please. I only have the appointment for a consultation for the first appointment on that day , then we will go from there.Thankyou for your help.

Dr. Z on 6/04/03 at 17:25 (120963)

IF you have pain on palpation at where the insertion of the pf attaches to the bottom of the heel bone. Do you limp when you first get up after sitting for any length of time.What is the results of your ultrasound. This is a case where judgement and experience is very important to figure out what is causing what and what influence either has . If you have alot of buring in your feet and numbness that is from the PN. If you are wondering what effect ESWT has on pn and pf no know knows for sure. So lets see what your new doctors tells you

Bev on 6/04/03 at 20:22 (120976)

DR. Z.<

After I made the appointment, I realized that this doctor uses the OssaTron and not the dornier . Will that be a problem if I 'go for it ' ? Thankyou.

Peter R on 6/05/03 at 19:07 (121065)

Use of the Ossatron requires IV sedation. That is unneeded with the Dornier EPOS. I personaly would prefer avoid anesthesia if it was at all possible. All that is required with the Dornier EPOS is a small amount of Lidocaine given localy.

Pauline on 6/05/03 at 19:57 (121070)

I was told the Ossatron can and has been done with a foot block and I believe there was one patient who posted that she chose that option because it was cheaper.

Dr. Z on 6/05/03 at 20:43 (121077)

The Ossatron group from this board two years ago had treatment done with a local anesthetic. The FDA studies were done with a local anesthetic.
There are many more advantages for the dornier over the ossatron then just the type of anesthetic. The most important aspect of this entire post is that Bev is taking a positive step toward an evaluation as to whether ESWT is something that can help her. Let's see how she first makes out with her ESWT evaluation then she can determine who what and where she wants ESWT from