Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Henry C, how are you doing? (nm)

Posted by elliott on 6/04/03 at 09:24 (120881)

Re: Henry C, how are you doing? (nm)

Henry C on 6/18/03 at 14:41 (122260)

It's been one month since the operation and I seem to be doing pretty good. It's really not as bad as I expected! I've never thought any of the TTS related surgeries I have had have been that bad. I'm up and walking around a bit. It is a little hard to get used to the tingling sensation of the implant, but it is far much better then the pain!

elliott on 6/18/03 at 14:49 (122264)

Hi, Henry C, I was wondering about you! Can you be more specific as to the pain reduction and how it's working in your case? Are you saying it's a clear success so far?

[]

Henry C on 6/20/03 at 13:53 (122457)

I was some what skeptical about the whole deal about the nerve stimulator. First I could not find anyone to talk to other then someone refered by Dr. Schon. No way is he going to give me someone's name and phone number then someone who's completely happy.

One the morning of the surgery, Dr. Schon asked me to mark on the bottom of my foot where I had the pain. Durning the surgery I was awoken to see if the electrode that was sew to the nerve was in the right place. The simulator makes a strange tingling sensation where the pain was.

Well after the surgery, all I have to say is FINALLY after seven (7) long years of pain, it's hopfully coming to an END! Dr. Schon was quite surprised in the surgery by the fact that the stimulator made the bottom of my foot completely numb. Beleive me that's a lot better then pain. I'm not perfect, but I believe that it's as close as it's gong to get!

I'm still adjusting to the tingling sensation, but it's MUCH better then the PAIN. If you asked me if I would go through it again and I say YES. Before this operation, I was at my witts end. I thought about killing myself all the time and that not something I'm proud to say. I just got so low that I lost hope in ever finding releif. Now it's come and I cann't say how happy I am about it!

Henry C

elliott on 6/20/03 at 14:02 (122458)

Glad to hear, Henry C! I recall you initially had some reservations with regard to exercise about both the spinal and the peripheral stimulator. I know pain relief comes first given what you've been through, but will the device prevent any significant exercise such as cycling or swimming?

[]

dave r on 6/20/03 at 14:13 (122459)

Congradulations Henry!