Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

How will Martha decorate her cell?

Posted by BGCPed on 6/04/03 at 22:02 (120989)

DO linnen and lace covers look good on a stainless stell toilet? Do two colored ribbons make a festive accent to bars over a window?

Re: How will Martha decorate her cell?

Necee on 6/04/03 at 22:27 (120991)

Pretty little gingham curtains would be a nice accent.
I never really watched her show, she always had these decorating and cooking suggestions that called for things I've never even heard of!!

Happy cells....er-uh, I mean Happy trails............

Necee

marie on 6/04/03 at 22:33 (120994)

I don't like what Martha Stewart has done. Just that she kinda comes across like she is a little better than everyone else in the world. I do like her taste in linens. Her products actually brought me to Kmart. I would guess she will have a very tateful cell.

Chloe M. on 6/04/03 at 23:37 (121002)

Are you kidding.. There will be no stainless steel for Martha. She will probably be put in some nice prison farm where she can keep her finger on the pulse of her company. Unfortunately having money in the prison system helps.
Ps. I am new here and desperate for help. Read my post in the Ask Doctor forum.

marie on 6/05/03 at 07:51 (121011)

How true. she'll undoubtedly end up at a prison spa for the weekend and get probation for 5 years.

Welcome to the board Chloe! Nice to meet a new face. Or shall I say typeface.;)

marie

JudyS on 6/06/03 at 11:39 (121135)

I think I will make Martha a needlepoint for her wall......
It will be nicely framed in a frame which I will mill myself from an extremely exotic wormwood tree in the middle of the rain forest. It will be stitched on the finest of linen which I will weave myself on my 300-year-old loom (found in a dusty old celler in the middle of Northern Ireland)from thread derived from plants located in the most desolate desert of South Africa. The stitching medium will be the finest, finest, silk derived from the rarest of silkworms which one has to hike 180 miles in to the deepest, deepest part of China to acquire. The silk threads themselves will be those made by a 180-year-old cronie living in a ten-hut village high up the side of a 30,000 foot mountain outside of Tibet. The dye that will color the silk threads will, of course, be extracted from natural plant sources grown secretly in the forests of Guadalajara - then backpacked out and flown to a skilled craftsman on the Homer Spit in Alaska. He will color the beautiful silk threads beautifully with the beautiful dyes, then send them on to a factory in Greenland where they will be packaged, lovingly and by hand, by six young Greenland natives. The completed packages will then be shipped on to a retailer on 32nd street in NYC who has exclusive rights to retail this product (can't get it anywhere else in the world :) ). Being the astute stitcher that I am, I have managed to track down these rare and exotic threads, along with the rare and exotic linen plus the rare and exotic wormwood, on the not-so-rare-and-exotic Internet. Being rather rare and exotic myself I have made up what I think is an appropriate phrase for this sampler which will hang on Martha's prison cell wall - it will say:

It's a Good Thing.

Peter R on 6/07/03 at 19:46 (121276)

Betty Crocker form Hell should be locked up for at least 5 years, financialy destroyed, and barred from sitting on the board of any publicly held company for life. And that would be A GOOD THING. :D