Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

pinched nerve?

Posted by Marty on 6/06/03 at 11:23 (121133)

Hi all, It's been

I had pf/tts release 108 days ago and have been battling pain and swelling in the ball of my foot. Mostly in the 3rd and 4th metatarsals area. It feels like a pinched nerve ... I have a constant buzzing in that region. I have noticed that when I tap on the top of my foot in between the first and second toe, in the arch area it buzzes in the ball of my foot.

Question: Would the surgery case this? If so how and is there anything I can do?

Re: pinched nerve?

dave r on 6/06/03 at 11:26 (121134)

Marty, email me when you have a chance...(email removed)

Re: what's up?

Marty on 6/06/03 at 22:51 (121226)

Dave I emailed you. I was having problems getting the email to go earlier

marie on 6/10/03 at 11:27 (121449)

Marty,

I gave you some tips under the question above. Try massage.

I am going to try neurontin cream soon. The backs of my ankles are buzzing now. It seems that I get buzzing for a while in one area of my leg or foot. After massage and icing it slowly goes away. But another area starts up.

Have you ever had a back or neck problem? What about your hips? There is a nerve that is were the hip bone and the ball of the thigh bone meet. I had some problems there too.

Marty on 6/10/03 at 12:59 (121460)

hot baths with massage, afterward iceing is helping.

April on 6/19/03 at 08:39 (122328)

I have the same symptoms as you do and I was diagnosed with Morton's Neuroma which is in effect a pinched nerve between the 4th and 5th metatarsals in my right foot. I just received my first cortizone shot and if this doesn't alleviate it then surgery may be necessary as my neuroma is pretty bad. Good luck to you.
April