Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

ESWT Treatment Where and how much?

Posted by Patti R on 6/07/03 at 20:09 (121279)

Hello, I live in Los Angeles and need information on how to obtain ESWT treatment, where is the closest place (Canada?)and how much is the treatment. Also need to know the 'down' time as I run a non-profit and would have to project time off. Thank you so much. I am in PAIN!
Patti

Re: ESWT Treatment Where and how much?

Peter R on 6/08/03 at 09:05 (121294)

CALL 888-835-0886 AND ASK FOR A LIST OF PODIATRISTS IN YOUR AREA WHO CAN PROVIDE YOU WITH ESWT TREATMENT

tammy s on 6/09/03 at 00:41 (121354)

Patti
I just had it done and I was told by the company that it would be 6500$.
My insurance will cover all but about 600$. Mine was done 3 weeks ago, and I just returned to my 12 hour/day job, but had sore feet after 8 hours.
So far I'm pleased with the results, I'd say my pain has been relieved by about 75% already. And the pain you will experience after will be no worse than what you are dealing with now.

steveb on 6/09/03 at 16:53 (121397)

i am currently going for my 2nd round of treatments on the sonocur. i had been treated in vancouver 1 year ago, but i wasn't happy with the results. my surgeon recommended surgery, but i decided i'd try eswt again first.

three treatments in vancouver cost only $550(US). there are now sonocur machines in phoenix (where i live). the cost in phoenix is $500/treatment. because it is too inconvenient for me to get to vancouver three times, i decided to pay the extra $1,000 and get treated locally.

check out http://www.sonorex.com/world/index.html for treatment centers in SoCal.

the place I'm going in Phoenix is called The Orthopedic Clinic Association (www.osna.md) It seems to be a lot less expensive than other places I've read about. (which is important for me because my insurance won't cover it!)