Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

tts and food

Posted by Wanda on 6/12/03 at 09:57 (121632)

Does anyone with tts have a problem with certian foods that make their feet hurt worse? I am very careful of eating salty foods cause it makes my feet swell & sting real bad. But sometimes the least bit of sodium will set it off usually by the time I finish eating. Its bad enough having tts but to be limited on all the good food too is really depressing.I've had tts for 4 years now and am on neurontin 3600 mgs aday. It seems to be getting worse. I'm having a hard time at work because sitting alot makes my feet swell. I can never get comfortable. Does any one else have this problem? Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks Wanda

Re: tts and food

Sharon W on 6/12/03 at 15:16 (121659)

Wanda,

Probably the salt causes pain because it leads to more swelling, and swelling around an irritated nerve is going to cause PAIN. (I take Vioxx for my swelling problem, and it helps.)

Sharon

marie on 6/16/03 at 18:32 (122032)

Chocolate and champagne works wonders for me!

marie

lara t on 6/17/03 at 07:21 (122082)

I have found salt makes things worse for me too. I assume it has to do with water retention.