Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

John, my son got to go to Game 7!

Posted by Kathy G on 6/12/03 at 13:22 (121650)

I know that a sports buff like yourself will understand the importance of this. Not only did he get to go, he also got to go down on the ice, touch the Stanley Cup and then go back to the Devils' locker room and drink champagne with them. Since he lives and breathes sports, I'm sure this experience is one he'll cherish. Hockey isn't his favorite sport; football is, but he follows hockey. Heck, he even follows billiards! You name it - if it's a sport, he knows something about it! I suspect that the two of you would have a lot in common!

Re: John, my son got to go to Game 7!

john h on 6/12/03 at 16:03 (121665)

Kathy--touch the Stanley Cup! Wow! Hope he got a picutre. I got to play a hole with Ray Floyd the famous golfer and had a picture made with him which he signed and wrote a few words. Some bozo stole it out of my car the day I picked it Billiards--yes I did that as a wayward kid in some of the largest billard halls in Chicago. I was actually rather good but never good enough to get a nickname like Chicago John or something. I did not carry my own stick either. Mary has never been into sports and I spent my life playing or watching. I broke ten fingers, my nose three times, two concussions and a lot of cuts. I have seen games at Wrigley Field, the Astrodome, Yankee Stadium, Soldiers field, Coors Field. Veterans Stadium in Philly,The Cowboys Stadium, the Chicago Stadium, the old Dodgers Stadium in Brooklyn, Air Force Accademy Stadium, Northwestern Stadium, Michigan vs Michigan State at Michigan, The Cards in St Louis. I even played the worlds champion ping pong player one time. I thought I was good but lost 21-1. I am still proud of that one point.One of the original Globe Trotters lives in Little Rock and still a real funny old man. He does a lot of charity work and helps the kids. Since much of my life revolved around sports in one way or another getting PF was like a stab in the heart as there is not a lot you can do with bad feet. Watching is fun but playing is much better.

Re: John, my son got to go to Game 7!

marie on 6/12/03 at 20:12 (121699)

My goodness John I knew you liked golf and football but I didn't know you were such a jock. Yes, it is hard to sit on the sidelines and watch. I was not a whole lot into professional sports but I loved playing football with family and friends. I wouldn't dream of it now. I still like to shoot hoops with my hubby and sons. I am considering golf.....or maybe I will start fishing again.

Kathy, I hope you got a lot of pictures of your son. He will always cherish that memrable day that he got to touch the Stanely cup!!!!!!