Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Ultrasound therapy for neuromas

Posted by Gail N on 6/15/03 at 13:19 (121921)

Many years ago, I had surgery on both of my feet to remove neuromas. I have never been able to move my toes since then. I have also suffered with pain and numbness in both feet.

Last year a physician and physical therapist used electrical stimulation and ultrasound on my feet and I can now move my toes and the pain has lessened greatly.

My Doctor wrote me a prescription for a dual channel combination ultrasound and electrical stimulation machine and my insurance will consider paying for it if I can show clinical studies or journal studies that give evidence that such treatment is helpful.

Could you possibly help me with any clinical studies or journal studies?

Thank you for any information that you might be able to provide.

Re: Ultrasound therapy for neuromas

Dr. Z on 6/15/03 at 13:36 (121923)

Hi

That maybe be very tough to do. I am not aware of any studies that show that ultrasound and electrical stimulation are effective for Ultrasound . Have you tried to do web search. I will see what I can come with. May have to go to a doctor /chiropractor that has the modalities right in their office .