Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

recurrence -- no morning pain

Posted by Dan on 6/16/03 at 17:34 (122019)

I started suffering last July while training for a marathon. I stopped running and haven't run since. I bought DynaSteps and wore running shoes. The pain mostly went away, except for the occassional twinge. Lately, I started wearing dress shoes to work, also with DynaStep inserts. The pain started again a few weeks ago, and I have worn running shoes with inserts every day for the past couple of weeks. The pain seems to be worse the more I walk.

But oddly, it usually doesn't hurt in the morning. (It didn't last time either). It usually comes on around 2 p.m. when I'm sitting at my desk, and sometimes at night soon after I get into bed. Last time around, the pain 'moved around' my foot, from heel to ball, and it does this time too, but it's mostly in the arch. About midfoot.

Does this tell you anything that might help in my treatment? Does the lack of morning pain mean anything? does it mean I may not be helped much by a night splint?

Thanks.

Dan

Re: recurrence -- no morning pain

Dan on 6/16/03 at 20:05 (122045)

I should add that the pain, when in my arch, is burning, and sort of throbbing. And it comes and goes, lasing usually for only a few minutes at a time.