Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

10 mile walk

Posted by Andrew F on 6/16/03 at 18:27 (122029)

I havn't exercised in years and i took a 10 mile walk a few days ago. And know i have a pain right under my angle towards front of the top of me feet.. People tell me it is called heel spur but i searched internet and where it shows pain is not where i have pain. Can it be something other then heel spur if not are there any known treatments for heel spur. The pain went away a few days later but another short walk in the park and pain had returned a few days later.

Re: 10 mile walk

Dr. David S. Wander on 6/17/03 at 19:00 (122161)

Andrew, as I'm sure you're aware, taking a 10 mile walk after not having exercised for many years wasn't the wisest decision. If you have discomfort, the first thing you should do is seek medical care prior to obtaining advice on this site. No doctor on this site can give you an exam, therefore you should see a doctor if the pain persists. If you haven't exercised in years it is also a good idea to have a history and physical by your family doctor/internist prior to embarking on more vigorous exercise.