Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

SAS shoes

Posted by Dorothy on 6/16/03 at 20:57 (122050)

It would be nice if the 'store' part of this website could develop an inventory or a connection with SAS shoes and sell them through this site for those who cannot find them easily, especially since so many posters speak so highly of SAS shoes. I am very fortunate to live within easy driving distance of a discount mall with an SAS outlet and also a 'mom and pop' shoe store locally that sells them. My husband loves his, but I have yet to try them - it's on my 'to do list' - but I am so loyal to Dansko!

I agree with those who suggest ignoring those whose posts are counterproductive to being a constructive part of the website. My problem is that I am never quite sure what those conversations are about - except for those that are obviously trying to inflame and insult, like the poster who 'yells' about liberals - very unpleasant.

Re: SAS address and phone number

Suzanne D on 6/17/03 at 07:57 (122087)

Hi, Dorothy! I have always wanted to try Danskos but the one store I was in that sold them did not have my size (I wear a woman's size 11.). I've read many good things about them.

You'll have to try on a pair of SAS at the shoe store near you sometime and see how you like them.

For those who have been inquiring about how to find SAS shoes, I have looked up this address and phone number. This information appeared in material which came with my shoes:

'If you have any questions about SAS products or where to find them, we will be glad to help you at the SAS Casa Department, 1717 SAS Drive, San Antonio, TX 78224. (210) 921-7415.'

Dorothy on 6/17/03 at 12:09 (122110)

Hi Suzanne ~ About Dansko: you can try http://www.dansko.com or http://www.footprints.com or just do a broad search engine search 'dansko' for sources. E-bay also usually has quite a long list of Dansko sellers, both new and used - shoes, that is, not sellers! (I wouldn't buy used ones, primarily because they do conform to one's own foot, as most shoes do) The thing about Dansko is that most people find they have to try on a pair to make sure they fit properly as they are made on a 'hand last' or something like that, meaning that each pair is not identical to another pair. They are eccentric, maybe we can say, but when they fit, they are GREAT.

Also, http://www.sierratradingpost.com has some Dansko but the styles and sizes available vary; when they have what you want, the prices can be very good.

Also, http://www.footsmart.com has a good shoe selection, although not Dansko.

Terry Z on 6/17/03 at 17:45 (122146)

I checked out a couple of sites theres a store not to far. I really liked their boots so could you tell me if these shoes are wide like Birks? I can't wear them because they slip off me heel.

Dorothy on 6/17/03 at 22:21 (122186)

Terry Z: I wish I could tell you, but I am not one of the SAS shoe wearers. There are many people on this message board who do wear them as well as Birkenstocks so I hope they will take up your question.
I don't know if you are a male or female 'terry', but my husband loves SAS; however he does not wear Birkenstocks so he can't compare for you.
Anyway, I hope you can get an answer from an SAS user. I plan to try them soon but just haven't done it yet.
Good luck!

Re: To Dorothy

Terry Z on 6/17/03 at 22:38 (122188)

I'm sorry I didn't make myself clear I was wondering about the Dansko shoes not the SAS. I'm of female gender anyways the last time I looked!!!

Dorothy on 6/17/03 at 22:50 (122190)

Oh, Dansko! Do you mean wide in the heel? In the toe? They are known for being wide in the toe box giving plenty of 'wiggle room'. As for the heel, it would depend on the style. There are clogs with open backs and with closed backs and other styles (sandals and such). So it really depends. What I've read about the closed back clogs is that Dansko recommends that they fit just like the open back ones, meaning that the back 'slips' up and down with walking. This sounds like it might be a problem, but it is not at all. Actually, I have a pair that is a size smaller than I now wear so it is snug in the heel - I like it occasionally - but the recommended fit (as I described) is much more comfortable. These are the shoes that are famous for being the ones the nurses and doctors and professional chefs wear all day. I hope this helps.
If not, try the Dansko website for information or talk with a knowledgeable Dansko salesperson (www.footprints.com folks are great and very knowledgeable about both Dansko and Birkenstocks). The beautiful thing about Dansko is that when they fit right, you put them on for the first time and they feel like your old friend. Dorothy

Terry Z on 6/18/03 at 09:54 (122227)

Thanks Dorothy,