Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

To Mar: another web site for MFR

Posted by Pam S. on 6/16/03 at 22:03 (122059)

Dear Mar:
I saw the therapist again today. This is taking up SO much time. I should not complain. I know you understand with all you have done. I read your post and it took my breath away!!! I do not have energy (or memory cells)to list all the things I have tried. You must be a very organized person.

The therapist said to go to http://www.myofascialrelease.com She said there would be page there where you could leave a message. I guess there are some centers where you can go and just get everything released all in one week. I would pick the one in Arizona in February!!! Sounds like that would be time efficient right. I wonder what that would cost. Probably not as much as we have spent on all the things we have spent money on here and there. Who wants to add all that up!!!

I have no idea if this is going to help my nerve pain. For a time this afternoon I was pain free but now at l0pm I am not doing so well. Like I said, I am not expecting miracles. (Just praying for one)

Let me know what you think of this therapy. I would be very interested to know what your opinion is since you have tried so many different things. How are you doing these days? Take care pam

Re: To Mar: another web site for MFR

Mar on 6/17/03 at 09:14 (122090)

Pam -

Thanks! I found one practioner from the website but she is 175 miles (one way) from my home. I left messages on this site and another, so I'll see if I hear anything. My pod is also looking around. You asked what I think -- the myofascial release sounds very logical and certainly something worth trying, as it will probably benefit the entire body and mind. Whether it will 'cure' the PF depends on what is really wrong inside and how badly damaged the fascia is, I would think. It certainly is not going to harm anything, so it can only help. Good luck with it and keep us posted on how you are doing with it. Last week's few hot days were so much better for my feet - can't wait for the temps to go back up again - they swell like crazy, but it masks the pain! Yes - I am a very organized person by nature! Mar

carmen h on 6/20/03 at 08:17 (122420)

Try doing a search on Myofascial RElease on this site...I wrote extensively and recommended some books a long time ago...that might be helpful.

Mar on 6/20/03 at 17:50 (122476)

Thanks Carmen - I just did the search and read a lot. My problem is trying to find a practitioner. I emailed 2 sites but haven't heard back. I guess I'll just have to start calling PT's. I'll work on that next week! Thanks again. If anyone in Ocean Co, NJ knows of a practitioner, I'd be interested in getting the name. The closest one I found so far is in Cape May Courthouse which is about 65 miles one way. Mar