Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

I am doing great-pain 85% better

Posted by rekha s on 6/17/03 at 15:20 (122137)

Hi folks, Just like to post my progress

I had eswt in right heel on Mar 27th. had some up's and downs and compensation problems, and other foot started hurting also.

These last two weeks have been great!!! I have minimal morning pain, the other non treated foot is doing great...and pain overall is 85 - 90% better.

I also am using this device called LED's from light force therapy that is basically light emitting diodes. I use this two times a day on each foot, and I can honestly say it has helped with my recovery.

I havent been visiting the board as much...but I wouldnt dream of not posting my success, since so many others don't...

Re: I am doing great-pain 85% better

monte on 6/17/03 at 16:41 (122142)

Hi...Glad to hear it....can yo up please list the exact unit that you use....I would like to look into it.

Also....did you have any arch pain too?

Thanks and keep healing

Monte

rekha s on 6/17/03 at 17:50 (122147)

Monte I use the LFT 9000, 15 minutes 2X each foot daily.....

When my not treated foot started hurting the heel and arch on that foot got very sore!!!

hope this helps.....

JudyS on 6/17/03 at 18:37 (122150)

Good for you, Rekha! You must be ecstatic! Can you tell us more about that LED device you're using?

Dorothy on 6/17/03 at 23:00 (122192)

I, too, want to know more about the LED device you are using. Please tell us everything you can. I have read a little about these and they are VERY interesting so please share your information. Thanks!

Sunny Jacob on 6/18/03 at 07:51 (122209)

Dorothy,
Please go to http://www.eswt.bayshore.ca , first page, under 'News' to see the presentation paper about ESWT and LILT combination therapy. This is the routine treatment we do for all tendonitis. The paper provides information about LILT and the benefits.

rekha s on 6/18/03 at 14:10 (122252)

to everyone: this is the article that explains the leds device...it was printed in newsweek in april.

http://stacks.msnbc.com/news/896284.asp?cp1=1j

I use LFT 5000 model 3 times a day 15 minutes a time on each foot while I am watching tv...the article will tell you on how this newly approved fda device helps with pain. I bought the device at:

http://www.lightforcetherapy.com .

cost me about $350 (including s/h and tax)

Aly R. on 6/18/03 at 14:49 (122263)

Hi Rekha,

I'm very interested in your comments on the LED device. How long have you been using it? Were you using it before the ESWT treatment? Does it provide some instant pain relief?

Thanks for the info!

rekha s on 6/18/03 at 19:09 (122288)

Aly, I bought the Led's device in early may..had eswt in March 27th....started using it regularly in mid may, after other non treated foot really started hurting and getting progressively worse..

I use it 3x 15 minutes each time per foot a day...which is early morning, afternoon, and evening....

The pain relieef was gradual...I can attribute some of the pain relief on the treated foot to eswt..but the other foot pain has been eliminated now....I cant say for sure how many weeks it took...but today is june 18th...so about 3-4 weeks of continuously using it has given relief.....hope this helps

monte on 6/18/03 at 21:44 (122309)

I spoke to the company and will be ordering the unit tomorrow. They are sold out and will not ship until next week. They offer a full money back guarantee after one year if not satisfied...you can't beat that.

I guess I (like everyone else) will try everything out there that makes a little sense. The treatment is good for blood flow which is good for healthy tissue repair and development.

I hope that if chronic PF is Fasciosis, then the blood flow may help make the tissue somewhat better.

2 more days til RFL

Monte

Aly R. on 6/19/03 at 08:00 (122323)

Thanks for telling us about this unit. I'm going to get one too!

Re: John H

dave r on 6/19/03 at 08:10 (122326)

Hey John,didnt you try this product?

John Holt on 6/19/03 at 09:40 (122335)

Dave I purchased a very expensive infared heating pad from Canada and used it for a month. Infrared can penetrate much deeper than conventional heating pads and it is actually recommeded for PF. My experience was it was no better than a heating pad. They gladly refunded my money after one month. Seem that baby cost about $220 although they did have a smaller one that was around $120. You could definitely feel a deeper heat but no change in PF for me.

dave r on 6/19/03 at 09:43 (122336)

I thought so....Thanks