Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Recovery is possible...

Posted by Andrue on 6/19/03 at 05:25 (122322)

I haven't posted here for a while as I've been busy but I thought I'd give an update if only to add an assenting voice in support of SDOs.

At the beginning of this year I went for an MRI scan because my feet were deteriorating to the point of almost needing a walking stick.

How things change:

Last Sunday I bought two kitchen worktops (3 metres long), helped the shop assistant carry them to the saw and then loaded the resulting four pieces into my car on my own. On monday I went for a half hour walk at lunch time. On Tuesday my feet were a bit sore. Last night (Wednesday) I went and got another length of kitchen worktop. Today my feet are okay. A little bit sore again but not much.

Next week I'm helping my father fit my new kitchen and have no real worries about my feet being a problem.

I credit this partially to my banbury podiatrist who actually gave me a walking test and determined that I did need arch support and stretching exercises (but didn't approve of the hanging off the step kind) and to Dr. Kiper for his SDOs which have had a major beneficial effect.

Anyone wanting details of an excellent podiatrist in the Banbury area can call him on:01295 271255

If nothing else his stretching program means that I can now not only touch my toes for the first time in years but I can actually get the first join of my fingers on the floor :)

Re: Recovery is possible...

JudyS on 6/20/03 at 12:56 (122444)

Wow Andrue - good for you! I don't know if I'm more jealous of your healthy feet or your new kitchen! Just be sure not to overdo it with the installation work.

Suzanne D on 6/20/03 at 19:28 (122486)

It's good of you to come back and report your progress to us, Andrue. It's always nice to read of someone doing so well! I hope this continues for you.

Suzanne :)

AndrueC on 6/27/03 at 06:15 (123046)

The work is almost done now. My feet gave me a bit of trouble - felt sore very quickly and on one day was very sore right in front of heel at centre. This morning though they feel fine after taking it a bit easy yesterday.

So...not healed yet but obviously well on the way!