Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video


Posted by Tony c on 6/19/03 at 12:55 (122354)

Could you please tell me if mold cast othotic's made my chiropractor or the new computer pad you stand on make a better orthotic.
my problem is collapsed arch, supinated foot and heel rotation.

sometimes heal pain after I were flat shoes.

Thanks Tony

Re: orthotics

Ed Davis, DPM on 6/19/03 at 15:34 (122372)


I do not believe that a computerized pressure mat which captures a 2-dimensional image can adequately measure the countours of a 3-dimensional image, ie. the foot. Sometimes you get a device that works and sometimes not. If you need orthotics, get it done by a professional who is an expert in that area -- a podiatrist or pedorthist. I refer patients to chiropractors all the time for their area of expertise which is spinal manipulation. I feel that a quality practitioner does the best for a patient when he or she makes sure that a patient's services are provided by one who has the greatest expertise in the area of the patient's needs.