Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Broken ankle

Posted by PeteD on 6/19/03 at 16:43 (122385)

I'm a 50 year old male, who broke my ankle over three years ago. The reason the foot has not properly healed is due to the fact that I suffered from polio as a child. The polio effected my left leg making it drasticly smaller in size as well as my foot leaving it 'deformed'. I opted out of surgery in the begining and developed bone spurs. Recently I had the bone spurs removed through surgery. The Dr. said I should be walking in a couple weeks it is now 6 weeks later and the foot hurts even more than before. My Dr. now suggest a corizone shot in the ankle joint. I have heard two sides of the story when it comes to these shots and am looking for feed back on shots in the ankle joints. Please help.

Re: Broken ankle

Dorothy on 6/21/03 at 01:28 (122512)

I hope that you will get some responses to your question about your bone healing problems and the frustration you are experiencing. I wonder about these LED devices for you - or if you are taking any medications that promote bone healing. Best wishes to you -