Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

John H., how's your toe today?

Posted by Suzanne D on 6/23/03 at 08:16 (122656)

I hope that your toe is not as swollen today and that you aren't in as much pain. Is the taping and icing helping? Cats can sneak up on you without your even knowing they're underfoot.

We now have a cat which we got to try to rid us of the mouse population in our garage! It has been an unusually cool and rainy spring here (as in many other places!). This has seemed to bring them out of the fields which surround us on every side, and the last straw was when my husband saw a mouse scamper from his golf bag last Wednesday morning when he was getting ready to leave to play. He then dumped the contents of the bag only to discover 2 more mice and then some babies!

The cat was a 'wild' one on a friend's farm and is up in the rafters of the garage often, but it is venturing down, and we hope it is taking care of mice! It DID get the ones out of traps we had set the morning we got the cat.

Hope you're feeling better today!
Suzanne :)

Re: John H., how's your toe today?

Kathy G on 6/23/03 at 09:26 (122661)

John,

Hope the toe feels better. It sure does hurt, doesn't it? It's amazing how many of us have broken our toes, judging from the posts. When I broke mine, I was a senior in high school, in the midst of end of the year celebrations. My mother tended to over-react to things so you should have seen me trying to hide from her the fact that I had a broken toe! I'd leave the house in my regular shoes and then promptly put on sandals the minute I got out! She never knew and I continued to party but I remember a Lovin' Spoonful concert I went to where my toe ached like crazy and there was nowhere to sit. I finally sat on the floor! Man, how's that for dating myself? Kids today have no idea who the Lovin' Spoonful was!

Re: Suzanne, about that cat......

Kathy G on 6/23/03 at 09:27 (122662)

He may have the right idea. He'll let you folks set the traps and he'll just get his treats from those!

Suzanne D on 6/23/03 at 09:59 (122666)

Pretty smart cat, huh? ;)

Suzanne :)

marie on 6/23/03 at 15:53 (122729)

He'll come around......he'll 'eat those meeces to pieces'

marie

Peter R on 6/24/03 at 13:45 (122828)

CAts are farm equipment