Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Back from Florida

Posted by Richard, C.Ped on 6/23/03 at 11:55 (122684)

Like my tan?? haha. I was gone for a week (didnt even miss me did ya) for some CE credits as well as a very mini vacation. I had to go to Orlando for two days. I was bored the first day, so I went to Disney World for a few hours. It was bittersweet because my wife and daughter could not meet me until Wednesday in Jacksonville.

I was able to talk to a few people about their feet. Standing in long lines, you tend to talk to people around you. I also noticed several people standing on the outside of their feet. The majority I spoke with had heel pain. I told them all about this site, so if you are one of the many I spoke to at Disney World....hi again!
Richard

Re: Back from Florida

Suzanne D on 6/23/03 at 14:07 (122702)

Glad you had some time off with you family, Richard. It was good that you could talk to some people standing in line about their feet. You may never know how much you helped someone!

Did your little girl enjoy Florida?

Suzanne :)

Richard, C.Ped on 6/23/03 at 14:50 (122714)

She did enjoy the trip. There were a bunch of other kids there for her to play with. We are planning a day trip to the beach some future Saturday...seeing as though Charleston, SC is only 2.5 hours away...Myrtle Beach is 3 hours away.
Richard

marie on 6/23/03 at 16:05 (122731)

Hilton Head is lovely as well. Glad you had a good time. I thought about you the other night as an old friend came to visit. He works with alot of people in the entertainment business....lots of musicians. He used work for Hard Rock Cafe in Orlando. Most of the John Lennon room there is his collection. He is quit the character but he told us that he has an inoperable tumor in his stomach and his doc told him it was just a matter of time. He is so sweet and is sending my kids part of his Beatles collection...he has met all but George and some of his Star trek memorabelia as my youngest son is a trekie. He use to have a museum in Orlando of TV stars memorabelia. We get all kinds of crazy pictures of him with many famous folks.....his closest freind right now has been Alice Cooper. I guess Alice has cleaned up and got our freind back to church.
It breaks my heart....I just hope he writes a journal of his life SOON. He has had some incredible experiences.

Later marie

Re: Back from Florida - Richard

Kathy G on 6/23/03 at 16:37 (122744)

Hi Richard!

Glad you got to have some fun while you were improving your brain! It would be neat if someone you met at Disney actually posted on this site.

How is your wife feeling? Past the morning sickness stage?

Re: Back from Florida - Marie

Kathy G on 6/23/03 at 16:39 (122745)

Marie,

How sad for you that your friend is terminally ill. He sounds like he's led a fascinating life! I hope he gets to chronicle it. If not, you may have to do it for him!

I have heard that Alice Cooper is a really nice guy. It's good to hear that he is a good friend to your friend!

Richard, C.Ped on 6/24/03 at 07:46 (122786)

She is past the morning sickness phase...it really was not bad this time around. We have an appointment today to see if we can tell the sex. I'll take either as long as he or she is healthy.

Richard, C.Ped on 6/24/03 at 07:48 (122787)

That is sad about your friend Marie. It sounds like he has good people surrounding him in his time of need.
Richard

Re: Sorry for the sad post...thank you

marie on 6/24/03 at 08:07 (122790)

Thanks Richard....sorry I put a damper on your vacation post. Our freind is just one of those older generation rockers and I thought about you and how you use to play guitar and loved those metal bands. It just kinda hit me the other night as he is starting to give away all of his collection. My mom did that right before she passed away. He is an upbeat guy and I can't imagine him in the pain that is yet to come.

I am glad to hear you guys had fun. Sounds like a memorable trip. :)

marie

BevN. on 6/24/03 at 08:08 (122791)

Wow, such an exciting time, a new baby , so precious :) It was such a wonderful experience for me to be there to help with the birth of my grandchildren (even when they called me at 1:00AM when she went into labor and we had to drive 4 hours), such a blessed time. Every new child is such a blessed gift from God :)