Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Just had surgery

Posted by JennaP on 6/23/03 at 20:57 (122766)

I just had TTS surgery on June 19, 2003. I am in a cast up to my knee which I didn't expect. Doc says cast until nezt Tuesday and then walking boot. Also said I should be good to go back to teaching special ed 3 weeks from surgery. I am gettin a little nervous after reading some other entries. I hope this surgery works. I am planning on having the other foor done at Christmas when I will have only 2 weeks off from work. It has been 4 days since surgery and today has been the most painful. Guess I tried to do too much. Please help what are the real expectations for recovery?

Re: Just had surgery

Dr. Z on 6/23/03 at 21:59 (122768)

Hi

Healing as you know depends on each patients. It can take up to one year for complete healing. Alot of patients will get immediate relief, some will take a few months and some up to one year for complete relief.

cooper on 6/24/03 at 12:38 (122817)

I had surgery May 14th and found the first three days post op a breeze then the pain set in day 4. It does get better just don't push it. I am back to work. I went back three and a half weeks postop. I for the most part have a desk job. I was required to work on my feet last week for 4 hrs and it was very uncomfortable. Good luck

cooper on 6/24/03 at 12:39 (122820)

Sorry about the repeat messages I just hit the button too many times.

Re: Just had surgery update

JennaP on 6/27/03 at 18:26 (123084)

thanks for the responses. So far so good i guess. Not really a lot of pain, only if I manage to move the ankle. I seem to get a lot of swelling though. By mid morning the bandages seem to get tight causing a slight ache and uncomfortable feeling. I had visit with the Dr. stitches looked good he said. Hopefull full cast will come off next week and then he is proposing a walking boot. He has not mentioned anything beyond that. He likes the phrase 'one thing at a time'. Thanks again. hope to hear from more of you soon. Good luck to anyone else who is on the path to recovery.