Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

I managed to cut my ankle - with a big knife!

Posted by Kathy G on 6/24/03 at 10:07 (122802)

Okay, if you folks knew me, this wouldn't surprise you at all. Last night, I was cutting up zucchini for dinner. We have a new knife. I've always wanted 'good' knives and this one is the highest quality and most expensive one I've ever had. It's very sharp and I have to be very careful using it.

I managed to drop the knife. It hit the tile floor, bounced and the tip of it imbedded into the inside of my ankle! I put a couple of bandaids on it but it started to bleed down into my shoe so my husband ended up finishing dinner as I put my foot up to control the bleeding.

What a doofus!:)) What's nice is that it's not my worst foot and this new pain is taking away from the pain in the other foot! There's always a silver lining!:)

Now, I ask you, what were the odds? Reminds me of the time we were first married and were still hanging up pictures in our new apartment. I put the hammer in the top of the closet. I knocked the hammer down and it hit a bottle of Diet Pepsi in the bottom of the closet. The bottles in those days were glass. The glass splintered and a piece of it went into my leg. I still have the scar!

Then there was the time when I was a kid and I cut my eye with a butterknife my mother had given me to use to make 'acorn stew' for my stuffed animals. And the time I burnt my leg on the manifold of my husbands small motor scooter when I was trying to drive it. An accident waiting to happen - who me??:D

Re: I managed to cut my ankle - with a big knife!

Aly R. on 6/24/03 at 12:33 (122815)

Dear Kathy:

As tempting as it may be sometimes for the PF sufferer to remove his or her feet altogether, I really don't think it's advisable. ;O)

Peter R on 6/24/03 at 13:40 (122826)

What are you going to do for an encour? Set yourself on fire?

Dan on 6/24/03 at 14:07 (122835)

That's encore.

If you are older than 14, or even if not, I would suggest counseling.

'What did you do today, Pete?'

'Oh, I spent the afternoon hassling people on a foot-pain discussion board.'

'Hmm. Ever think maybe that's a bit....um, lunatic?'

'Well, I didn't want to do my English homework, as the concept eludes me entirely. So many rules and stuff to remember!'

JudyS on 6/24/03 at 15:26 (122839)

Ah Kathy - I see you've read the JudyS Book of Doofus Moves!

Now, may I introduce you to my book on nutrition entitled 'Chocolate and Diet Coke, the NEW Basic Food Groups'

Take care of yourself young lady :)

marie on 6/24/03 at 16:41 (122844)

Kathy,

You don't have very good luck with knives. Hope it didn't hurt too much. Be careful out there. Those kitchens are dangerous. ;) You'll probably need at least a week off from cooking.

LOL,marie

Peter R on 6/24/03 at 18:07 (122846)

Pardon me Dan, I didn't know that you were appointed the critic of humanity. How about you kiss my butt!

Re: I managed to cut my ankle - with a big knife! - Peter

Kathy G on 6/25/03 at 08:36 (122873)

Peter,

Never fear, my family doesn't let me near open flame so that won't be next on my list!

Re: I managed to cut my ankle - with a big knife! - Peter

Kathy G on 6/25/03 at 08:37 (122874)

Peter,

Never fear. My family won't let me near open flame so that won't be next on my list! :D

Re: Sorry for the double post! NM!

Kathy G on 6/25/03 at 08:38 (122876)