Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

To: Richard C.Ped

Posted by Necee on 6/25/03 at 00:40 (122863)

A really neat way to learn the sex of your baby is to have the Dr. write it down and put it in an envelope, instead of telling you in the Drs office. Take your wife out that evening to a nice guiet restaurant, then ya'll open the envelope together.
Let us know what you find out.

Happy trails....

Necee

Re: To: Richard C.Ped

BevN. on 6/25/03 at 08:30 (122872)

I worked in an OB/GYN office and if the husband could not be there for the ultrasound, and the wife found out the sex of the baby, I would tell her she could go buy an outfit either pink or blue and wrap it up and present it along with the framed pictue of the ulrasound to him over a candlelight dinner. One of my patients had to do that as she had to let him know that they were having their 6th girl :)

Kathy G on 6/25/03 at 08:44 (122877)

Wow, six girls! That was one husband who was vastly outnumbered!

Back when I had my kids, they didn't do ultrasounds. One of the most exciting times in my life was the year before last when my niece asked me to go with her for her first ultrasound. Her husband was serving over in Bosnia and her mother couldn't take time off from work. It was absolutely amazing to see this tiny, perfectly formed baby! I think I was more excited than she was!

john h-moderator on 6/25/03 at 09:21 (122883)

How do you pay for 6 weddings and perhaps 24 years of college and all those shoes? this would strain bill gates.

BevN. on 6/25/03 at 09:26 (122884)

We had parents video the ultrasound taking place so they could send the tape to the husband overseas who was serving in the military , that was really sweet. I hated being in video but it was for a good cause , and it was only for a minute , it was mostly the doctor and of course the precious little baby . Can you imagine how excited the husbands were watching them when they recieved them , their hearts must have just burst with joy and love :x

BevN. on 6/25/03 at 09:39 (122889)

They are the sweetest family, the girls are so perfectly dressed and so darling all of the time and ao mannerly , just the sweetest family.

Richard, C.Ped on 6/25/03 at 11:48 (122904)

Great ideas...but I already saw the ultrasound yesterday. Its a boy!!! woo hooo!!! My boy!!! haha.

six girls?? holy cow! does that mean they need six shotguns?? heehee.
Richard

JudyS on 6/25/03 at 11:52 (122905)

Alright Richard! A BOY! That's too cool for you! I have only boys and I've loved every second of it.

BevN. on 6/25/03 at 13:32 (122914)

CONGRATULATIONS :) IT'S A BOY :))

Kathy G on 6/25/03 at 16:36 (122932)

Richard,

How cool! Now you'll have one of each! Wait until you see how different they are. Not just their personalities but even the things they do. I was amazed at how my daughter, given her brother's old trucks, had very little to do with them. And yet, my son loved them. And when she did play with them, her method of play was totally different.

As you say, as long as they're healthy, you don't care what sex they are, but it's fun to have one of each. The difference is staggering. Even now, with one at 22 and the other at 29, I notice the difference. My daughter was looking for her first off-campus apartment and safety concerns that didn't come into play with my son were a big factor.

I'm so happy for you all. Enjoy the rest of the pregnancy!

wendyn on 6/25/03 at 19:54 (122947)

Congrats Richard!

Necee on 6/26/03 at 01:59 (122968)

Congratulations Richard!!!!!
I wish you and your wife all the best.

Happy trails...

Necee

Richard, C.Ped on 6/26/03 at 08:04 (122978)

My sister is 16 months older than me. I noticed growing up that they were more concerned about her saftey than mine. We argued and fought the normal brother sister way...but if any guy ever made fun of her or hit her...I was all over them like white on rice. That was my job...haha
Richard