Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

****I had a wonderful day off today....gotta tell ya'll****

Posted by Necee on 6/26/03 at 02:26 (122970)

Well, for starters, I slept late, that's always something I enjoy doing.

That afternoon I took my niece out to lunch for her birthday, we had a wonderful time.
Later in the day everything was up in the air!!!! Literally

We have some friends who have their own plane, they asked us if we wanted to go up flying, and we said sure! My hubby has this thing about heights, and so I wasn't quite sure how he would handle it.....but, we had a blast!
They have a 6 seater plane, and so we had plenty of room.
I haven't flown all that much, and never in a small plane. We flew over our ranch and took some pictures, I called several neighbors there from my cell phone and told them to go out and look up at the white plane that was buzzing their house. It was so much fun!! The pilot would tip his wing downwards, we could look straight down the wing and see the ground. He flew pretty low at times so we could get some good pictures. Everything was so green, there were patchwork fields dotting the countryside, and at times we were flying just above the treetops, that was kinda scary! Now I know how the cropdusters feel.
Driving to our ranch usually takes us an hour, we flew there in 7 minutes.
Our altitude never got above 2,000 feet, so the view was spectacular, we flew low over a big lake in our area, following the streams out to the open water was awesome!
So......that was my exciting day off work, I can hardly wait till we go again. Just wanted to share it with ya'll.

Happy trails...

Necee

Re: ****I had a wonderful day off today....gotta tell ya'll****

BevN. on 6/26/03 at 07:40 (122975)

Necee,
Sure beats any day off I ever had :) Sounds like a very special day you were all able to have , that was really great. Maybe we will be able to see some of your pictures on the new picture site :)

Suzanne D on 6/26/03 at 09:07 (122984)

How neat, Necee! I would love to see pictures you took from the plane of your ranch!

Suzanne :)

wendyn on 6/26/03 at 09:37 (122986)

Necee - sounds like a great day! NOT something I would do, but I'm glad you had fun!

Re: **WendyN**

Necee on 6/26/03 at 12:30 (122998)

I did think about you, and tried not to be too scared when he did some of those wing tilts. It really was awesome.

You know several years ago I use to be afraid of flying, I always said I'd never get my two feet off the ground, but then one time we had an opportunity to fly to Denver, I was very hesitant about going and agonized several weeks over whether I could get in that plane or not. But when our departure date got closer I just asked God to help me, to ease my fears, and he did. I sat in a window seat, and it was a thrill seeing us lift off and gracefully float upwards. To me it felt like we were going so slow once we got airborne, and I think I was just too busy watching out the window to be scared.

I'm getting the pictures developed this afternoon. Hopefully I can post them on the picture site.

Happy trails....

Necee
Happy trails....

Necee

JudyS on 6/26/03 at 13:02 (122999)

Yikes Necee - Can I tag along on your next day off? You sure know how to have a good time!

Necee on 6/26/03 at 13:25 (123000)

Well Judy, those kind of days are few and far between.

Happy trails...

Necee

marie on 6/26/03 at 17:44 (123015)

Sounds like you took to flying!!!:) The best part is you don't have to walk well to do it. Who knows maybe this could be the door to your future as an aerial photographer.

Best wishes marie

Necee on 6/27/03 at 08:04 (123048)

I will be picking up the pictures today! I sure hope they turn out good.

Happy trails...

Necee