Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Post Tramatic Heel Tumor

Posted by Richard H on 6/28/03 at 08:13 (123104)

Thirty years ago my wife was in a motor cycle accident and the skin and muscle of her heel were torn off. A crossover pedicle heel, thick, was performed and has enabled her to walk and work for thirty years. In a matter of hours the heel swelled and x-rays, ultrasound and an MRI were performed. What appears to be abnormal growth of the heel bone from a fracture in the original accident , now has a mushroom shaped 'spur' and a 'liposarcoma' under the repair.

The original heel was constructed at Mayo in Rochester, MN. It is our understanding this procedure is no longer performed and we are trying to find anyone who may have experience with this diagnosis.

Re: Post Tramatic Heel Tumor

lara on 7/01/03 at 07:55 (123289)

I can't think of anything I know that would be useful. I did a googlel.come search (you probably have already done it but thought I'd try) and came up with nothing.

However, I have discovered that sometimes changing the title of a post helps - I know I don't read every thread - just ones that look like they may be of interest to me - or I may be of help to someone. It's sometimes hard to tell what subject heading will get the interest/response you need - I certainly think the subject heading you chose if very appropriate.

Wish I could be more help.

Re: Really bad heal and left big toe pain

Fran D on 7/13/03 at 14:52 (124328)

I have been to a foot doc and he told me throu Xray I have a heal spur he advised me that it not what is giving me the heal pain. He gave me some foot inserts to lift the arch. I think this is making my foot hurt worst. I measured the shoes I have on and I think I need a bigger size. If I was to get bigger size shoes and use the foot inserts how long do you think it would take for the pain to leave if this was the problem? He said surgury was not a option as the surgury can break the heal bone!
Is there anything else I can do as I am soaking in warm water 2 times a day iceing three times a day and doing excersizes too. He gave me celebrex but it seems to act my kidneys up. My feet are killing me toe is going numb and getting a callas on it so I cant hardly Walk with it. Please Help me!