Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Ecco Receptor Shoes

Posted by HilaryG on 6/30/03 at 11:49 (123201)

Hi- I just bought a pair of Ecco Receptor clogs that fir my orthotics and are quite comfortable. I just want to know if they are appropriate for someone with flat feet and PF. Any opinions will be appreciated. I don't want to do anything that might make my feet any worse. Thanks. Hilary

Re: Ecco Receptor Shoes

Richard, C.Ped on 6/30/03 at 12:32 (123205)

Just make sure that the shoe hinges in the right place as well as a good solid heel counter. Most of the time, with a good pair of orthotics, the shoe will not bend in the middle.
Richard

Re: To Richard C.Ped

HilaryG on 6/30/03 at 15:07 (123217)

Thank you for your response, but I don't know what you mean by where the shoe hinges. Could you explain please.

Re: To Richard C.Ped

Richard, C.Ped on 7/01/03 at 09:21 (123310)

Sure...if you hold the shoe at the back...which is called the heel counter, push hard on the toe area as if you were trying to push the toe toward the back of the shoe. When the toe area bends up, look to see where the shoe bends. It should only bend at the ball of the shoe, where your foot bends naturally. Some shoes will bend in the middle, which could possibly irritate the plantar fascia.

Hope that helps.
Richard