Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Light Force Therapy

Posted by Aly R. on 7/02/03 at 08:08 (123403)

I've ordered one of the LFT9000's and am hoping it will show up any day now (they are a little slow on the shipping). It isn't cheap - $249 - but they have a year-long money back guarantee. I confirmed with them that if you don't see results, you can return it within 1 year for a full refund. I figured I'll try anything, and if by chance it happens to cure me, then $249 is nothing!

It's not just for arthritis, but supposedly helps a whole host of inflammatory-type problems. I found that their website for animals was a little more detailed - probably because the treatment has been used on horses for a lot longer than on people. The web address is http://www.lightforceanimal.com . I found the animal testimonials interesting...

I'm going to try the unit on one foot (both are equally painful) so I can compare. I'll post back after a couple of weeks of use and let everyone know what I'm experiencing.

Re: Light Force Therapy

Aly R. on 7/02/03 at 08:12 (123406)

I just realized I posted this to the Tarsal Tunnel category. I do NOT have tarsal tunnel, but PF. Sorry about that...I will repost the above in the Treatments / Symptoms / Products section.

monte on 7/02/03 at 08:14 (123408)

I bought it too....got it yesterday and used it last night for 15 minutes each foot. We will see what happens. The fact that it has the one year money back guarantee is great.

After all this time and money spent, I have learned how to shop and try products. I never keep anything that does not provide ANY relief and I fight to return some stuff...but it works.

I shop for shoes at Zappos.com because they have free shipping and free returns for up to 60 days. I usually get a few pair and send back the ones that are not comfortable. It is like trying on shoes in a store. No additional cost to the shoe purchase price.

My current insoles have a 90 money back guarantee..and I intend to use it of they don't live up to a certain degree of comfort. (so far so good)

Didn't mean to go off on a tangent....just talking about guarantees.

As for the light therapy, I will report back too.

Aly R. on 7/02/03 at 08:19 (123410)

Thanks for posting about the free shipping on Zappos - I'll start ordering there!

Dr. Z on 7/02/03 at 10:06 (123426)

How are your feet coming along.?

monte on 7/02/03 at 11:05 (123432)

Hi Dr Z

The heels feel better but the arches and close to the toes hurt alot. I still a little bruising in the arch area of one foot, but it is fading. The arches hurt if pressed or it my toes are bent backwards. They did not hurt like this before...so I am sure that it will all calm down at some point when the muscle heals from being pierced with needles for the RFL treatment.

I am going to visit Dr Cozz tonight for a full evaluation and checkup. He will also ultrasound my feet to measure the thickness of the fascia in order to monitor healing.
Will keep you informed.

Dr. Z on 7/02/03 at 15:36 (123450)

I wish you the best. How about some taping? Ask Dr. Cozz what he thinks

Roseann in NY on 8/08/03 at 01:33 (126544)

I was wondering about Light Force Therapy. I saw the infomercial and am very interested in this product -- but it is a bit expensive -- but it's worth it if it really works. I have recurrent sciatic problems and my daughter has the tightest leg muscles. She gets lots of leg cramps even with physical therapy treatments. Would this help her and me?

RoseAnn in NY

Aly on 8/08/03 at 09:27 (126552)

Hi RoseAnn,

I've had the Light Force Therapy unit for a couple of months. I can't say that I feel it's working, but I've only managed to use it once or twice a day (for PF I'd imagine I'd need to do it 5 times a day..) I'm not sure how it would be for sciatic problems, but in my own opinion I don't think it would help on tight muscles. The unit only gives off light - not heat - and I'd imagine that heat would be necessary for such a problem. But that's my own non-medical opinion!

Light Force Therapy has a one year money-back guarantee, so you could try it and if it doesn't work you could return it. I will probably end up doing that myself (I want to see if I can't increase the # of treatments I'm doing per day first). I figure you have to try everything you can, if you're in constant pain. In the meantime, I'm being very careful not to break it - it's a pretty flimsy device and I think if I dropped it I'd be out my $250!

Good luck!

PS I don't know if it's true, but I've heard that calcium / magnesium balance plays a role in leg cramps. You might research that on the web, to see if supplements would provide any relief for your daughter...

Dorothy on 8/08/03 at 15:59 (126593)

There are several people on this message board who are curious and interested in this kind of treatment. Two or three people have tried certain brands/form of this treatment. Speaking just for myself, I am still curious and interested in it, but am certainly taking into account the fact that at least two people have tried it and did not find it useful. If you search on the first 'page' under search messages using 'light therapy' or other search words related to light, you should find the posts that have appeared to date.