Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Happy 4th of July!

Posted by marie on 7/04/03 at 08:42 (123557)

Today will be a busy day at our house. We live on the parade route. Folks have been coming into town since 6:00 am to set up their lawn chairs in just the perfect spot. Hundreds of our fiends and family will be in our front yard to watch the parade. We will make some new friends today too. There is a couple that comes down from Chicago every year just to sit in our yard for the parade. I honestly can't remember their names but it is always nice to see them. After the parade everyone will head to their favorite lake spot for a swim and some good old American hot dogs. Tonight the fireworks show will be at the lawn of our state park. There will be thousands of boats on the lake to view the show from the water. The reflections of the fireworks in the water will be spectacular.

I wish each and everyone of you a safe and enjoyable holiday!

Re: Happy 4th of July!

JudyS on 7/04/03 at 08:46 (123559)

Happy 4th, Everyone!
We're headed to the beach for a long weekend at the family beach house......sun, crowds, food, crowds, beer, crowds, softball, crowds and, last but not least, fireworks!
Have a great day everyone **==

marie on 7/04/03 at 09:44 (123566)

Bob G. on 7/04/03 at 09:46 (123567)

Having a great weekend, as I hope we all are doing safely and sanely.

Yesterday, we ate in the gutter at San Luis Obispo's Farmer's Market, then sauntered over to the Madonna Inn to dance to live music in the opulant ballroom...then on to Cayucos to meet up with friends staying at the Shoreline Motel where we enjoyed a bonfire with friends. Today, more fun in the sun...then on to Bud's for his annual 4th of July BBQ over the Embarcadero. Life is good.

Happy Independence Day!!! :)

JudyS on 7/04/03 at 09:49 (123568)

Bob G - don't forget to have a bite at that little Beach House restaurant we told you about - I'm certain you'll enjoy it.
Have a great holiday.

Sharon W on 7/04/03 at 11:14 (123574)

Yes, happy 4th of July!

Today will be a family time for us; we are cooking red, white, and blue goodies, and will have barbeque tonight. This evening we will go to the riverside park, to lay a blanket out on the grass and watch the fireworks -- they look even prettier, reflected in the water!

Suzanne D on 7/04/03 at 13:21 (123579)

Sounds like all of you are having fun! :D

We're heading to Richmond, KY this evening as tomorrow is 'Parents' Day' at the Governor's Scholars Program where our daughter is for the summer. This will be our one and only time allowed to see her, and I am really anxious to do so!

Take care! Have a safe and happy holiday!
Suzanne :)