Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

WHY NEW BALANCE??

Posted by Ginger on 7/07/03 at 16:47 (123713)

Can you tell me why New Balance shoes are recommended so often for PF and is it better to get the walking shoe or the running shoe. I am waiting for my orthotics to come back and wondered should I get the NB shoe.

Re: WHY NEW BALANCE??

Dr. David S. Wander on 7/07/03 at 17:24 (123715)

New Balance shoes are often recommended due to the quality of the product and the fact that it is one of the few brands that comes in multiple widths. As far as purchasing a running shoe vs. a walking shoe goes, it depends if you're a runner or a walker! If you are only using the shoes for walking, then I would avoid the running shoe. Although it does have more cushioning, a quality walking shoe should be OK. Most importantly, try on both and see which is more comfortable.

BGCPed on 7/07/03 at 23:26 (123728)

Also go to a good store or pedorthic facility to be fit and select proper model and size. Dont do it online, may save a few bucks but you cant get the same fit and service

Elizabeth C. on 7/08/03 at 07:11 (123740)

Ginger,
My Pod highly recommended New Balance shoes. There is also A shoe designed by New Balance to help people with PF, I have them. I think it's a cross trainer. I just bought them last month at a New Balance store and was fitted properly. I just wear my orthotics with them. I was given this information by a friend who I 'used to' do step areobics with. She was diagnosed with PF and told by her Pod that NB makes these shoes. I hope this helps.

Elizabeth

Dorothy on 7/08/03 at 14:29 (123762)

It might be helpful if you also posted the number of the New Balance shoe that you are using for everyone's information since NB shoes are identified by their number (usually found on the tongue of the shoe). That way, if someone wanted to try these shoes, they could look for them by their identifying number.

Elizabeth C. on 7/11/03 at 07:37 (124052)

Ginger, the number of the NB Shoes I recommended is W765WB, I hope this helps you.

Elizabeth