Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

heel pain to much to bare

Posted by Sue.M on 7/07/03 at 17:40 (123716)

Have had heel problems starting with minor pain for over 5 years. Have had serious pain for almost 2 of those years. Tried alot of treatments innerheels cortisone injections weight loss anti-inflammatories, all to no avail. Have resigned myself to a lifetime of painkillers (which only offer minor relief). At 32 with a husband and 3 children staying off my feet is not an option. Every step I take is in agony. By being on my feet I have now created further problems as I have to roll my feet and walk on the sides of them rather than on flat feet. The pain still exists when I walk like this however it is more manageable. My right foot has swelling around the ankle and lower leg making it noticebly larger than my left. I would like to know if you know of any doctors here in Australia who use the kind of treatment machine that you are using. Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thankyou for taking the time to read my letter.

Re: heel pain to much to bare

BrianG on 7/07/03 at 20:34 (123724)

Hi Sue,

Hopefully a doc will be along to answer you. Have you ever checked out the chronic pain website, from Australia? It's at: http://www.painworld.zip.com.au/
Check it out, you may find something that will help you. It also has a message board, similar to this one. I think with a stronger dose of daily pain meds, you might be able to tolerate your pain better, increasing the qualty of your life.

Good luck,
BrianG, not a doc

Re: heel pain to much to bare

Elizabeth C. on 7/08/03 at 07:37 (123742)

Sue,
Are you rolling your feet when you are barefoot? Do not go barefoot, I know it's hard, but you are causing further damage to your PF. Did your Pod make orthotics for your shoes? I know what you are going though, I am an active mother of four young children and have had PF for a long time. I just had ESWT in April and May, I hope you can find information you need from the web sight Brian G gave you. I went through most of the conventional treatments and after rupturing part of my right fascia, I went for ESWT instead of surgery. I will probably have ESWT on my left within the next year. Don't give up searching for info and help. The more info you have, the more you will be able to advocate for yourself.

Good Luck,

Elizabeth