Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

constant heel pain

Posted by sabrinaw on 7/07/03 at 20:19 (123723)

I started having heel pain about 3 years ago. It started with minor pain. I thought I had just stepped on a rock and bruised my heel. The pain got so bad that after a few weeks I was limping to the point I was using the wall to support me while I walked. The pain was in both heels but more in the left than the right by that time. I had xrays done but not spurs were present. The podiatrist said that I had no arches in the top or bottom of either foot. He made special inserts for my shoes which are no longer helping. I got a cortizone shot July of 2002 which helped for several months. The pain has been back almost daily since February of this year. I am now a 32 year old mother of three who is very active. The heel pain is starting to interfer with my lifestyle. I have tried ice, excercises, soaking my foot in a medicine called podiacin, among other things. I need help! I am tired of dealing with the constant pain! Can you offer any help and advise?

Re: constant heel pain

Elizabeth C. on 7/08/03 at 07:21 (123741)

Sabrina,

I know exactly how you feel. I am a very active mother of four and have had PF on and off for eight years, the last two have been the worse. Read Scott's book, it's a wealth of information. The more you understand your condition, the better you can advocate for yourself. After reading Scott's book, you will be more equipped to go back to your Pod and ask questions on what the next step will be and if ESWT is an option. I hope this helps, I had ESWT on my right foot in April and May and am trying to be patient with the healing process, which takes time...you have come to the right place for support and information.

Elizabeth

sabrinaw on 7/08/03 at 18:45 (123784)

Thanks for the response and the encouragement. I will get the book as you suggested!

Suzanne D on 7/08/03 at 20:27 (123792)

Hi, Sabrina! Actually the book suggested was the Heel Pain Book which is free and part of this website. Just click on the blue words!

Best wishes,
Suzanne :)