Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

OK i'm addicted to making web pages..........attention parents and teachers.

Posted by marie on 7/08/03 at 11:33 (123750)

I finished a FrontPage class for teachers and I am hooked. I have worked with FrontPage on and off for years but the class helped me through a few obstacles I have encountered. I just finished a site to use for our Japanese art studies. And am in the process of creating a site for students and parents to access information about courses, class rules, supply lists, etc. If any of you parents out there wish to share what you think you'd like to see on a teacher site please give me some input!!!!! If any of you teacher's have sites you'd feel comfortable sharing please do so. When I finish I will share it with you all.

thanks Mrs.E........marie

Re: OK i'm addicted to making web pages..........attention parents and teachers.

JudyS on 7/08/03 at 13:35 (123758)

Marie -

If you want to experiment some more, how about making a page to display our PF photos? I haven't had time yet to learn anything about creating a webpage but I do have the web space itself to donate to the cause. It'd be nice to have our own exclusive link instead of having to change the link (as with Shutterfly) every time I post a new photo.

Re: OK i'm addicted to making web pages..........attention parents and teachers.

Kathy G on 7/08/03 at 14:20 (123760)

I'm in awe. The idea of designing a website sounds much too complicated for my little brain! Actually, I'd love to learn how but can't really justify taking a course in it. At least I assume our local voc-tech offers one. We don't have community colleges in NH. Okay, I'm rambling.

The only thing that I would feel strongly about as a parent would be that the supply list be fairly specific. Not as to the exact style number, etc. but specific enough so that non-artistic parents, such as myself, would be able to figure out exactly what you want.

When my kids were in school, they didn't have teacher websites and they never had teachers who told them ahead of time what kind of supplies they would be needing but I sure wish that had been around for us. I do remember being a little perplexed with a couple of supply lists that came home the first day of school as the teacher wasn't specific enough as to what he/she wanted the child to have.

I'm impressed, Mrs. E! (Or was it Ms?)

marie on 7/08/03 at 14:48 (123767)

Judy,

I could do that easily enough....as long as you don't mind a down and dirty site. e-mail me about details.

marie