Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Beaches and Dial-Ups

Posted by JudyS on 7/08/03 at 13:43 (123759)

Well John and I got lucky this week - we came down to his sister's beach house for the long July 4 weekend and are still here! Turns out she did't have it rented out this week so offered us the joint while it's vacant. It's perfect beach weather and the only decisions are whether to sit on the beach, take a walk, ride a bike, kayak, rollerblade, nap, etc.etc.!
My laptop's dial-up connection, however, is every bit as slow as the beach!
Hope you all are well.

Re: Beaches and Dial-Ups

Kathy G on 7/08/03 at 14:26 (123761)

Oh, that's great, Judy! What luck for you! Have a wonderful time!

My husband is on vacation next week. We were going to just do day trips as we are going to Florida in October and we are facing some rather large expenses in the future. My son is getting married in September and my daughter is his 'best man.' And she has one more semester of college left and will be living in a 'real' apartment, off-campus, and rent is going to be pricey. We decided not to rent a place on the Cape or anything but now I'm hearing rumblings about, 'Well, maybe we should go away for a few days...' So, maybe we're not going to economize like I had hoped! I can't blame him. When you stay home the whole week, it doesn't feel like a real vacation.

Have fun making those tough decisions! I'd opt for lots of swimming!

marie on 7/08/03 at 14:50 (123768)

Oh I am jealous! We have a week to go before we head to Saginaw, Michigan.

Have fun!!!!!!

marie

BevN. on 7/08/03 at 16:38 (123772)

Marie,
Where do you go in Saginaw? Do you have family there?

Suzanne D on 7/08/03 at 17:05 (123774)

I'm teaching summer school this week. (Kathy, you'll understand when I say it helps since we had a wedding in April!) Classes are small (I have seven), and the day a little shorter than regular school. The children were referred because they need some 'catch-up time', so we're trying to make it meaningful and worth their coming - but also fun. Two other teachers and I are working together on some projects and have a camp theme
for the week. We had the children roll up newspapers, cover them with brown paper and twist, making 'logs'. We then made paper flames and built a 'campfire'. The three groups get together after lunch to sit in a circle around the campfire and hear a story.

I hope everyone enjoys their trips and vacations!
Suzanne :)

Re: Bev......Saugatuck

marie on 7/08/03 at 20:33 (123793)

We have stayed at several bed and breakfasts. We are staying at a little motor lodge near Douglas Beach. It was all I could find that week. It seems nice and the owners were very helpful. There are many bed and breakfasts in Saugatuck. Just search for Saugatuck MI lodging. It's a fun place to visit and relax. It is an artists community and is only an hour and half drive from Northern Indiana. Just hoping for good weather at the beach!!!!

later marie

Necee on 7/08/03 at 22:55 (123807)

Oh wow Judy.....those are some tough decisions to have to make!
Let's see now.....what shall we do today? Sleep in? Walk on the beach? Read? Ride bikes? I suggest you do all of the above!!!!!!!

Happy trails....

Necee

Re: Bev......Saugatuck

BevN. on 7/09/03 at 08:53 (123828)

Marie,
Oh, I thought you said you were going to Saginaw , as that is where our son lives . Saugatuck is a very nice area to vacation in . We always wanted to try a B&B , however we haven't tried one as yet . Our son and his wife enjoy them . Have a nice vacation :) Bev