Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

neuotrin???

Posted by stella on 7/08/03 at 17:02 (123773)

Wow i had the dr get me anothe script and he decided to get me on 300 mg 3 times a day so i went to pick up the meds right.. And they go 128.67??? i was like huh??? So needless to say i didnt get any. The dr said no samples and no generic version. I really need something else for my pain.. any ideas??? I cant believe that. But i still have a script for codeine so i am getting that refilled tomorrow

Re: neuotrin???

Sharon W on 7/08/03 at 17:29 (123776)

Stella,

OOoooh, sorry, I didn't realize you would have to pay for it out of pocket. :(
The truth is, without insurance coverage, Neurontin is just TOO expensive for almost ANYONE... mine is costing well over $300.-- per month, at this point, and I know that WE sure couldn't afford it if we had to pay for the whole thing!

Have you tried contrast baths?

Sharon
:-s

scott on 7/08/03 at 21:43 (123802)

try doing a web search to purchase drugs in canada if you feel comfortable about that. drugs are cheaper everywhere else as you know.
scott

stella on 7/09/03 at 09:47 (123844)

contrast bath?? what is that ??? i dont know what to do ...i couldnt believe that the dr had no samples ..... but im gonna get some more pain killers today take care all

Sharon W on 7/09/03 at 14:07 (123868)

Stella,

Here are some comments by the doctors about contrast baths, excerpts copied from old posts (hope it helps!):

Sharon
:)
--------------------------

Message # 120325

Posted by Dr. Z on 5/29/03 at 21:35

'...contrast baths are helpful. That is five minutes of heat then five minuts of cold then finish with heat again.'

Message Number 106750

Posted by Dr. Z on 1/25/03 at 12:08

'...I would use nsaid and start with contrast baths. That's hot for 5 minutes then cold for 5 minutes following up with 5 minutes of hot.'

Message Number 82213

Posted by Ed Davis, DPM on 5/02/02 at 20:47
'There are circumstances when swelling can persist beyond the acute phase of an injury. Such circumstances may benefit from the use of both heat and cold. Generally, one should start with heat to stimulate blood flow and end with cold. A popular modality known as 'contrast baths' involves alternating hot and cold but generally ending with cold.'

Re: Contrast baths

Sharon W on 7/09/03 at 14:10 (123869)

Stella,

By the way, my Dr. told me I could can repeat the hot water for five minutes/ cold water for 5 minutes/ hot water for 5 minutes/ cold water for 5 minutes thing as many times as I wanted to, or until I got some pain relief.

Sharon

Re: One more comment on contrast baths

Sharon W on 7/09/03 at 14:12 (123870)

I always finish with cold water.

Sharon

stella on 7/09/03 at 22:26 (123918)

did it really work?? so just fill up the tub or something and just put feet in for 5 mins at a time??? i just wish this heel wouldnt be so numb .The dr told me i could try and put some weight on it but ha ha ha . I can barely put weight on the top part and now thats painful

Sharon W on 7/10/03 at 09:04 (123940)

Stella,

Actually, I used my bathtub AND a big plastic basin (big enough for my big feet -- LOL!) I put water ALMOST cold enough to be ice water in the basin, and had the tub a bit extra warm... I kept my feet in the nice warm water for 5 minutes, then stuck them in the cold water for 5 minutes, then warm, then cold. I just kept on doing it until my feet felt better (sometimes it took 3 times).

I won't say it's a MIRACLE cure -- it isn't -- but it did seem to make my feet feet better for a while.

Sharon

Re: Oops - typo

Sharon W on 7/10/03 at 10:57 (123948)

Oops -- I meant, 'it did seem to make my feet FEEL better for a while.'

Sharon
:'>