Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Ruidoso.....anyone?

Posted by Necee on 7/08/03 at 22:51 (123806)

Have any of ya'll been to Ruidoso, NM?
We are heading there the end of July. A friend of mine is letting us stay there in their mountain cabin.
I was just curious as to what the area is like, and if anyone has any suggestions on things to see and do there. I already know about the horse races.

Happy trails....

Necee

Re: Ruidoso.....anyone?

marie on 7/09/03 at 09:02 (123832)

Sounds wonderful. I am not familiar with the area you are going to. We go to a cabin in the Jamez mountains. It's very isolated...only loggers and Jamez Indians up there. Where is Ruidoso in relation to Albequerque?

marie

john h on 7/09/03 at 09:22 (123839)

Ruidoso is where the worlds fastest quarter horses run each year and high in the mountains about a 100 plus miles south of Denver

Kathy G on 7/09/03 at 18:08 (123894)

John,

Why am I not surprised that you know about Ruidoso? Where do you get all these facts and more than that, how in the world do you remember them all! You are a whiz!!

Necee,

I've never heard of it but it sounds like it should be fun to visit. You'll have to tell us all about it!

Re: To: Marie~~~~Re: Ruidoso.....anyone?

Necee on 7/09/03 at 22:54 (123923)

Ruidoso is south of Albequerque Marie. From where we live here in Texas, it should take us about 9 hrs to drive. I'm looking forward to escaping this Texas heat. I was told the mountain elevations are around 8,000 ft.

Happy trails....

Necee

Re: To: Marie~~~~Re: Ruidoso.....anyone?

marie on 7/10/03 at 00:04 (123929)

Have Fun. It's beautiful there! You can see for miles. Take more of those great pictures to share.

marie