Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

aching knee

Posted by Holly L. on 7/09/03 at 12:15 (123856)

I have PF and a heel spur and am in a walking boot. My knee has been hurting almost to the point of not being able to bend it. It was hurting before the walking boot was put on, but is still hurting. Will PF and a heel spur cause my knee to hurt? Also my heel is hurting on the fat pad in the boot just as bad as in a shoe any suggestions? Should I put arch supports in the boot also?

Sincerely,

Holly L.

Re: aching knee

Dr. Z on 7/09/03 at 14:52 (123876)

Hi

You need to get out of this boot. It is contributing to your knee pain. Please call your doctor asap

Re: aching knee

Ed Davis, DPM on 7/09/03 at 14:54 (123877)

Holly:

See my prior posts on this subject. The one problem I have with walking boots and the like is that the foot bed is too flat. As such, I prefer to use real casts. Casts can be closely moled to the countours of your foot and ankle, giving better selective support. I have seen a number of patients place orthotics inside such waling boots with success.

Keep in mind that the boot or cast does raise up the sie it is applied to so make sure that your footwear, on the opposite side, has a heel of sufficient height to keep your hips level (look in the mirror to check that out).
Ed

Re: simultaneous posts

Ed Davis, DPM on 7/09/03 at 14:56 (123878)

Another case of simultaneous posts! Coincidence or a telepathic link??? ;)
Ed