Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

planter fasciitis

Posted by joyw on 7/11/03 at 19:15 (124153)

:-s hi. after seeing a doctor for 3 weeks for planter fasciitis i had surgery and its been over a year and there is steal no relief and now im being told that i might have to have what is called a neural entrapment could you please tell me what that is and how it is done.and if it might bring me relief. since the surgery iv not been able to walk for long periods of time. thank you

Re: planter fasciitis

Ed Davis, DPM on 7/12/03 at 12:27 (124222)


Are you telling us the whole story here as it is very unusual to resort to surgery after only 3 weeks of treatment? Please read Scott's Heel Pain Book here to better ujderstand the nature of treatment for PF.


Re: planter fasciitis

joyw on 7/12/03 at 20:29 (124274)

ED, yes i am, and from what ive been reading there should of been alot more thing tried, and i think im the one who is going to pay for it. but my doctor told me that after 3 weeks and nothing help that surgery was the only thing left to do and now that Iv read and study about all of this I wish id done the studing sooner. but i didnt have any ideal what this foot problem was all about. and since the surgery iv lost my job, and insurance and now they say i need to see a different doctor but that doesnt help me now.I dont have the money to see another doctor but if any one can help me ease the pain i would really be greatful for any advise thank you

Re: planter fasciitis

Ed Davis, DPM on 7/12/03 at 23:10 (124281)


There are some circumstances where early surgery is indicated but they are few and far in between and tend to doubt that such treatment was appropriate in your case.

You can still go back and try some of the relatively simpler things like the stretching, perhaps obtaining a good motion control shoe such as the New Balance 1122 (helpful for many PF sufferers but not all) and place a soft OTC orthotic such as the Superfeet ( http://www.superfeet.com) in the shoes.
I am assuming the pain you have is still from plantar fasciitis and not a complication of surgery.

I am not a fan of litigation but it may be appropriate to consult an attorney to look at your options.


Re: planter fasciitis

joyw on 7/13/03 at 14:08 (124322)

Ed, Yes ive been told to consult a attorney and several doctor have said the same thing but it hard for me to persue the attorney to many people want to jump right in and sue an im not one of them the main thing for me is to get my life back . I am now useing the orthotic and ive done the streching and at the present time i have a strest fracture and im trying to deal with that.I am interested in the Ibo cream as the tablets do up set my stomach, when your use to being very active it hard when just do daily thing.and not being able to have a normal live has also made me very depressed. but im glad i found this web site its good to know im not alone in this strouggle. see i dont know of anyone that been thought this. So thank you for your support Joy w

Re: planter fasciitis

john K on 7/13/03 at 19:13 (124337)

I think you should sue the bastard also. I have had PF for years. Surgery is the last resort a good doctor shoud use.

john k

Re: planter fasciitis

joyw on 7/13/03 at 19:45 (124340)

John K could that be the reason iv never see a bill from him iv been going since march of 2002

Re: planter fasciitis

annette w on 7/15/03 at 20:20 (124517)

Could you tell me If anyone had have to file for disabilty,Because of server PF.I've have 3 doctors that are trying to help me get it.unable to stand and walk with out server pain just getting ready for the day take me forever. thank annette w