Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

TENS for PF

Posted by Bob P on 7/12/03 at 18:25 (124265)

I recently had some therpy sessions where the use of a TENS device was employed for the treatment of PF. It really did give me a lot of pain relief. I am thinking of purchasing such a device for use im my home on a daily basis. What are your thoughts on the use of this device over the long term?

Thanks for your help.

Bob

Re: TENS for PF

Ed Davis, DPM on 7/12/03 at 19:15 (124270)

Bob:

The units can be effective for pain relief and can often be purchased at reasonable rates. They do not lead to a cure though so I would consider them to be a means of short term pain control.
Ed

BevN. on 7/13/03 at 14:22 (124323)

I have a tens unit but how do we use it for our feet? I had it for my back, works great for back pain, as we can keep it on all of the time while working and all . However, for the feet we can not walk with the tens unit on . How would I use it for my feet if it would help me :-/

Dorothy on 7/13/03 at 23:56 (124356)

I used TENS for a time for pain from a back injury and found it very helpful. From all that I read at the time, TENS is not helpful for everyone, but I benefitted from it.

Buck T. on 8/08/03 at 15:44 (126590)

The TENS seems to break up the pain cycle. Pain is sometimes like a run away train. It sometimes needs to be derailed or interupted. Sometimes if I'm having a painful day, I'll put the TENS on at night for 3 hours while watching TV. It may not help that night sometimes, but after sleeping the foot feels bettter the next day. I wear shower shoes with low arch support and run the wires out from indside of foot.