Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

My latest attempt to cure PF...

Posted by Rachael T. on 7/13/03 at 12:17 (124312)

Seems like 'curing PF' seems to be the topic of late.....& of course, rightly so since we all WISH we could do more than 'manage' our pain & related activities in our lives. Well, I am unsure of this - the jury is still out! But, upon visiting PSU yesterday at State College, Pa. - I went into the Rapid Transit Shoe store which was 'recommended' to me by a person who knew of my 2 year stint w/ PF. She told me to see if their sales reps could help me as she knew of 'someone' who was helped by their shopping trip there. Well - to make a long story short....'Brett' a sales rep, spent about 45 minutes with me & had out about 20 prs. of sneakers - had me wearing different ones on each foot - walking outside on the sidewalk in these new 'test' shoes - with & w/o my orthotics, & finally prescribed for me Brooks Aerial 8B #42100191 with a medium 'heel lift' which was merely made of gel.....I truly was 'fearful' of walking w/o orthotics; as each previous time in the past 2 yrs. that I have attempted to go without my orth...I am in pain the next day - alot! Well, today is Sunday - I bought these on Sat. morning, & I've worn them yesterday & today - & I shall continue to 'try' them....I will advise you on the final outcome later.....BUT, I must say at this time - I've practically NO heel pain - some 'strange maybe tired overall foot' feeling yesterday which I attributed to my being without orthotics. Sooo, maybe this shoe may be the trick - or at least, I am trying again! I will advise that he said for PF'rs to never ever wear an hour glass tennis shoe. I shall update you later in the week regarding the outcome of my latest 'try to cure pf!'

Re: My latest attempt to cure PF...

BevN. on 7/13/03 at 14:44 (124327)

Rachael T,
Thankyou Rachael, we will be looking forward to your up-dates :)

Re: My latest attempt to cure PF...

CELIA on 7/17/03 at 14:10 (124644)

Why not wear an hour glass tennis shoe? I have purchased the Adidas TR8 which feels great on my foot and I can even run in them. I feel like I have pillows under my feet. These have provided both comfort and support. I'm confused why not an hour glass shoe??? I have found that no matter what anyone suggests, as far as shoes, it's the feet that have to be happy. My feet are happy, but I'm just curious to know.