Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

can bliateral tarsel tunnel syndrome appear after having a plantarfaciectomy done on both feet?

Posted by Desiree Sharp on 7/14/03 at 05:53 (124363)

Hi
My husband had both hes feet operated for plantarfacia in 1999
he had pain for a few months and a surgeon checked up and decided that he had plantarfacia on both feet so he operated him.
previous to this he had cortisone injected in both feet which caused him terrible pain
well 4 years have gone by he is still in pain and can't walk a long distance without suffering he has colllapsed arches and when he had an MRI scan the outcome was that he had bilateral tunnel tarsel syndrome on both feet.
the thing is we don't know it this happened before the actual operation and the doctor made a mistake and operated him for the wrong thing or that its has occured after the operation and so we are really confused.

he is still in pain we have difficulties in every day stuff together as he is always in pain.

is there a chance of an operation that could cure him or will he be disabled all his life
please answer my Question I would be very Grateful if you could clear this up a bit for us as.;-/

Re: can bliateral tarsel tunnel syndrome appear after having a plantarfaciectomy done on both feet?

Dr. Z on 7/14/03 at 09:09 (124376)

Hi

If is possible to have the arches collapse after any type of plantar fascia release. I am not sure how TTS can occur from a pf surgery. Compensation from pain can cause TTS pain. I am sure that your husband is working completely to the outside of his feet and this can contribute to TTS pain. I hope that this help in some way

Re: can bliateral tarsel tunnel syndrome appear after having a plantarfaciectomy done on both feet?

Desiree Sharp on 7/15/03 at 06:26 (124454)

Thank you for your reply
when you say that you are not sure of how tts can oocur from a pf surgery is it because maybe it was not pf what he had and they operated and after all it could have been tts instead?
what does compensation from pain mean?
have you ever heard of a case like this that you get surgery done for pf and then you have tts because of the done surgery?

Thank you