Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

staples out

Posted by Tammie on 7/16/03 at 19:11 (124578)

Hi all a quick note to tell all staples out from the scs. Rough surgery but hope it turns out to be my blessing. Dr.s says now my body needs to heal from surgery like Pf surgery lol. I see in another 3 weeks to talk about reducing changing some meds . That is my GOAL!!!! Also on the sad side I do have some early spreadage on good side but he is optimistic that we may be able to settle things down and if not there is alwasy a chance of another implant on the other side. Keep the prayers my dear friends. I think of you all and look in ofton. Ps I still have foot pain do you believe that all of every thing and i still have that darn foot pain I think I need amputation next. No really feeling a bit positive I have wonderful friends from here and I just think we need a RSD added to this as it seems it is happening more ofton. Thank God for Laurie and Janet and the dr.s for getting RSD thru my head!!!! I could be alot worse if not. More people need to know about this as I really dont think it is such a low %%% anymore! Brian my friend I owe you for all the help in my meds, to bad you are not a pharmacy guy, did you ever consider returning to school???? You have to much good knowledge to not use. If I miss thanking anyone Please dont be offended I am wordy and I need to rest! Julie whereever she is I sure owe her alot for helping me with the relaxing it sure has helped me with alot in the RSD.I hope people remember her and look her up to see all the great things she taught us about exersise and relaxing.Love to all and hope the summer days are being good to you all.

Re: staples out

marie on 7/16/03 at 21:28 (124590)

Thanks for the update. I am glad to hear that you are maintaining a positive attitude through all of this. Keep us posted!!!!!And as always you are in my prayers.

marie

Max K on 7/16/03 at 22:49 (124603)

Hi Tammie,

I found a long thread about SCS on an RSD message board:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/RSD/messages/12994?threaded=1&expand=1

Also, take a look at this new RSD treatment, if you hadn't heard of it: 'low-dose Ketamine infusion.'
Only 12 patients have had it done so far. Scroll down until you get to the patient success stories of Katherine, Cheryl-Lynne, and Keith:

http://www.rsdhope.org/ShowPage.asp?PAGE_ID=82

I hope your pain is reduced with the SCS.

Max

Necee on 7/16/03 at 23:05 (124604)

It's so good to see you posting Tammie.....just like the good old days!

I hope this procedure will be the answer to all our prayers for you.
I can tell just from reading your post that you have a positive attitude about everything now. Keep up the faith dear friend, you must realize that your're still going to have some down times, but just keep thinking positive, and give it time.
Keep us informed as to how things are going.
You're in my thoughts and prayers,
Necee

john h on 7/17/03 at 10:03 (124617)

I think Brian is a Pharmacy Guy.

Sharon W on 7/17/03 at 10:20 (124621)

John,

You know that's odd -- I don't think I've ever read anything from him stating his profession -- but I've always kind of made the same assumption. (If Brian ISN'T a pharmacist, he's the best-researched ameteur poster on pain meds and pain treatments I've ever seen!)

Sharon

Sharon W on 7/17/03 at 10:21 (124622)

I'm wishing you well, Tammie... you have had enough pain and you deserve a break from it!

Sharon
%%-

BGCPed on 7/17/03 at 10:33 (124626)

Staples out? next one to go will be Office Max

BrianG on 7/17/03 at 21:56 (124685)

Sharon, you win the cupie doll, but only from the bottom shelf. I've made no secret about my work, it's just been a while since I've mentioned it. I worked 18 years for the security department of a major computer company. Too much walking, and standing, on concrete, and tile covered concrete. I've been out of work for almost 2 years now, and am now on SSD, all from a nasty case of PF !!

I first used the Net to research pain meds, to educate my doctor. Once that was done, I wanted to pass on what I had learned, to some of the folks who seemed to be in pain so bad, it was ruining their lives. Some take it (pain med info), others don't. At least I know I tried :*)

BrianG, not a pharmacist (or a junkie for that matter)

BrianG on 7/17/03 at 22:10 (124686)

Hey John, I'll get my license and prescribe your meds, when you get your license to fly a B2 and take me up to buzz my house :*)

B

john h on 7/18/03 at 09:35 (124703)

Brian with your meds we would not even need to take off to get a Buzz! Of all the aircraft I have ever seen the one I would most like to fly is the ancient early 60's Blackbird. Today it is still holds the record for the fastest flight from coast to coast. I do not know if you have ever seen one but it is like flying on top of a rocket and I think flying to 100,000 feet is no problem. Few people got to fly this machine and they were the best of the best. They were all retired but a few were pulled out of retirement a few years back for some special missions. I think they are back into retirement again.Some of the current projects being worked on are pilotless aircraft that can be dropped from a space station or shuttle anywhere anytime and can deliver weapons or gather intelligence. I envision most pilots being without a job in the military in the future.There are no nations I am aware of that are anywhere near where we are technology wise and no nation could risk an all out war with the U.S for the forseeable future. Our threat for the next 20 or so years will be terriorism and the possibilty of small suitcase nukes be placed in our cities. Any country with the capability to make such a weapon and give it to a terriorist risk total destruction. The Israeli's have made it very clear that if they feel they are about to be overrun they will destroy the entire middle east. Nations in this area understand that and that is why no one risk making an all out attack on Israel. The Jews were led to the slaughter house once and went meekly. Never again.

john h on 7/18/03 at 09:56 (124710)

Actually I think patients should inform themselves on possible drugs for thier condition and discuss them with the Doctor. Doctors often will not spend nearly the time you will exploring the possible drugs available for your condition. I often suggest to my Doctor a drug and she often says that my selection is a good choice. If Brian lived near me I would take him to the Doctor with me as my med consultant. Brian are you a 60's guy?.

BrianG on 7/18/03 at 12:19 (124727)

I was a 60's guy, but that was taken up with high school, and the USCG. It's the 70's that are a blurrrrr, hahaha.

Re: fast, REALLY FAST !!!

BrianG on 7/18/03 at 12:45 (124731)

And here I thought all you were going to tell me is that I would have NO house if we buzzed it in a B2 !!!

For a nice photo & story of the SR71 Blackbird, click here:

http://www.wvi.com/~lelandh/sr-71~1.htm

BrianG

Suzanne D on 7/19/03 at 22:49 (124816)

Tammie, hardly a day goes by that I do not think of you! @};- I was glad to see your post tonight. Again, you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Take care, and God bless...
Suzanne :)

Sandra D on 7/22/03 at 09:50 (124958)

John I loved your statement about the Jewish people never again going meekly to slaughter. Thank you

john h on 7/22/03 at 10:05 (124960)

Sandra: I watched the Pianist on TV last night. Really depressing. I did not realize there were 500,000 Jews in the Warsaw Ghetto and that only about 60,000 did not go to one of the concentration camps.

Dorothy on 7/22/03 at 15:21 (124969)

Ever read the book 'The Wall' by John Hersey? Highly recommend.