Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

How to get your prescription medicines for free

Posted by Sharon W on 7/17/03 at 18:55 (124667)

Brian G brought this topic up on the TTS board, and he had a very good point. Since paying for prescription meds without insurance coverage is a problem that quite a few of our posters have in common, I thought it might be worth posting this list of resources for getting medications for free:

Here are some websites to check out for free meds. I believe the second one is the PFizer site:

Access to Free Medicinewww.edhayes.com/indigent.html

Hope this helps someone...

Re: OOps!

Sharon W on 7/17/03 at 19:00 (124668)

I messed up that first link :'> (blame it on the Neurontin 'brain fog,' I guess!) It should read:

Re: How to get your prescription medicines for free

marie on 7/17/03 at 19:09 (124672)

I remember this! Brian is so knowledgable about pharmaceuticals. He's either a pharmacist or a drug dealer. Thanks for the list.

Re: How to get your prescription medicines for free

BrianG on 7/17/03 at 21:35 (124684)

Awe, c'mon Marie, I ain't either one, hahahahahaa
I'm just a chronic painer who doesn't mind a little research. The internet rocks !!!!

PS: I just wanted to mention something about http://www.needymeds.com This is a pay to use site. If you have the money, and it's not all that expensive, this website can make life easier for you. They will take some of the mystery out of the programs. But, all the information is out there, and it's free. You just have to dig a little.

Re: for Brian

marie on 7/18/03 at 19:00 (124761)

Re: Oh my LOL

Tammie on 7/22/03 at 11:56 (124963)

I got a laugh oops sorry it was on your account Brian as I know tht no way are you a drug dealer Haha Or pharmacist thos you could maybe go back to school and do that maybe? You have a natural knowledge and you have the compassion and you would show your cutomers how to fight for there rights for pain relief! Heh you may have a calling there? Brian is knowledgeable cause he reads and reads and searches and searches! By the way thanks Brain and yes to that link you offered!!! Your pup will keep you young and a bit active remember you cant let yourself to never ever move or you will loose all your mucsle and that is no no to! No to pain but yes to some movement as you dont want to be wheel chair yet!Do you think you could have RSD?

Re: Oh my LOL

BrianG on 7/22/03 at 21:47 (125000)

No RSD, or nerve damage, yet !!! My pain is caused by swelling, and inflamation. In a way, I guess I'm lucky, as some day, I may just be able to heal the PF. I would be a terrible pharmacist, do you see how much time they spend on their feet !! Plus, we all know that no one over age 50 can get a job. No thanks, hahahaaa.

Keep on looking for that cure Tammie, it could still happen.