Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

foot massage with foot trainers

Posted by Lori W. on 7/19/03 at 13:11 (124795)

OK, I got my foot trainers and the foot massage deally bob to go with it. My question is, how do I massage exactly? It says to go from the base of each toe to the heel. Do I just run it down, pushing, in a straight line? Do I use a circular motion? Do I do it just once? I'm using a pretty good pressure and backing off in painful areas-adding more pressure gradually. Is this right? Following the massage, I ice the foot. Is this correct?

Re: foot massage with foot trainers

Dorothy on 7/19/03 at 17:47 (124807)

Mr. Wilmot? Are you there? You would be the best person to answer Lori W.'s questions - and probably others of us await the answer as well.

Mike W on 7/20/03 at 12:24 (124833)

Hello Lori,

Start at either the big toe or baby toe and just slowly move toward your heel while gently probing in a circular motion until you find a tender spot.

Yes, once you find the tender spot, massage that spot for a couple of minutes. Start very gently and gradually increase the pressure.

After the massage you should ice only the tender spots not the entire bottom of your foot for about 5 minutes. Follow this with about 10 minutes of rest.

If you have any further questions please contact me.

Regards,

Mike W

Lori W. on 7/20/03 at 13:09 (124834)

Thanks. That should help.