Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Pre-treatment of ESWT.

Posted by Phyllis M on 7/22/03 at 13:57 (124967)

I am scheduled to have this (ESWT) treatment this week. What should I expect as far as future results? Will I still need to use orthotic inserts? For how long? What choice of shoes is recommended post-treatment?

Re: Pre-treatment of ESWT.

BrianG on 7/22/03 at 22:32 (125004)

Hi Phyllis,

Have you had any previous PF surgery? If so, it's a good idea to continue to wear your orthotics, even if you are 'cured' some day.

Good luck
BrianG

Phyllis M on 7/23/03 at 06:20 (125019)

I have had surgery on my left foot and after a lot of physical therapy, it is fine. I feel the PT helped as much as the surgery. On my right foot, the one I'm having ESWT on, I have had numerous injections and done PT on it with no relief. My NEW podiatrist is very conservative and doesn't do surgery unless it's a last resort. He has been wonderful. Our area just got approval to do this procedure and I'm the first one here. I'll report in after the treatment. Thanks for your reply.

Jean P. on 7/30/03 at 12:26 (125674)

Phyllis,

I suffered with PF for a couple years and was my pod wanted to operate on both feet. I too had PT but nothing helped. I went for ESWT treatment in Canada because my insurance would not cover it. It has been almost a year now PAIN FREE. For a couple of months I still felt pain in my worse foot but even that is gone. I hope you have the same great result.

Jeanie