Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Help! Just been diagnosed with heel spurs(Ithink)

Posted by Helena B on 7/23/03 at 07:18 (125021)

Hello,

I live in a foreign country..I have been jogging/walking for about five months. A month ago...I started having heel pain in my left foot and for two weeks I tried to walk the pain off...I t wasn't helping so two weeks ago,I totally stopped exercising....I went to the doctor yesterday...with his little English and my shakey knowledge of his language...we managed to communicate....I had a xray done and it showed that I had a heel spur...He felt my heel with his hand...and when he touched a certain area..I ouched! He gave me a shot and told me don't do anything for 15 days....I am to go back if I continued to have more pain....from what I understood..if it is a worst case scenerio...he will give two shots more...than put me on a silicone heel support....I feel some pain today....but it doesn't seem so bad...Any suggestions will be helpful...I went to this doctor because I have heard he's the best...even if I did not understand everything he said....

Re: Help! Just been diagnosed with heel spurs(Ithink)

Steve G on 7/23/03 at 10:18 (125032)

Helena - read the heel pain book on this site. This will give you a detailed idea of the treatment options. I would be wary of too many shots. But read the book and reply if you have any questions.

Re: Help! Just been diagnosed with heel spurs(Ithink)

Ruth A on 8/08/03 at 19:50 (126613)

Hi Helene, i can relate to your heel pain ,i have Heel pain on both feet the right is the worst. i have to tell my docter it hurts to walk the pain gets unbearable like a sharp pain or my heel feels like i'm walking on pebbles did the shot help that the dr gave you ? when i shop i expect my feet to hurt but this is gettingdfrequent eveb if i just clean my heels are painful if i'm sitting at rest i can feel a pain at times well i hope the shots help you .......Ruthie