Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Broken toe

Posted by john h on 7/23/03 at 11:21 (125038)

It is now 4 weeks and three days since I fractured my toe. It is still a little swollen but I walked 2 miles yesterday and rode a bike for 40 minutes so I guess it is almost good to go. I will try and walk 3 miles today. Yes my feet do hurt from PF.

Re: Broken toe

Kathy G on 7/23/03 at 14:05 (125053)

I'm so glad your toe is feeling better! Don't overdo it! Do I sound like your mother? See, once a mother, always a mother! I do it to my husband, too. I can tell by the odd look he gets on his face, like 'What does she think? That I'm three years old?'

I'm glad that it appears to be healing well. You must be feeling must less frustrated now that you can walk a distance again!

BrianG on 7/23/03 at 15:31 (125058)

Jeez John, I don't think I have ever seen anyone get so much 'press' time, for just a little toe boo boo in my life. I would rather hear about the time you broke your back in 13 places, after bailing out of that F-16, when you took John Glenn up for his first flight :*)

Terry Z on 7/23/03 at 16:33 (125063)

You guys are just too funny!!!

Kathy G on 7/23/03 at 18:50 (125081)

Hey, Brian, we take good care of John on these boards! We can't have one of our fearless leaders laid up with something other than PF! :))

If you broke your toe, we'd pay extra attention to you, too!

Carole C in NOLA on 7/23/03 at 20:56 (125097)

Great! Glad to hear that your toe is healing. Now you need to 'break in' your feet, just like you would break in a new pair of Birkenstocks. Be gentle to them. :)

Carole C

Suzanne D on 7/23/03 at 21:57 (125101)

You are tough, John! Walking and biking even with your toe still swollen. Glad to hear that your toe is healing.

Take care,
Suzanne :)

john h on 7/24/03 at 10:38 (125133)

Brian you seek pitty and comfort where ever you can find it. No more press about my toe big boy. From now on you will only hear from me if the bone protrudes through the skin.