Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

update on nerve block and an insurance question

Posted by Lynne C. on 7/23/03 at 17:41 (125070)

Had the nerve block injection yesterday. I sounded like a pig squealing, man alive that did not feel good at all.:((
Last evening had some strange new feelings after the injection, I just figured it was because of it being at the nerve.
Today still pretty uncomfortable but no worse than before the injection. If this helps we will try the left foot. Hopefully this will get be back to some sort of a life, back to work, and hold me until insurance approves ESWT. I don't understand the insurance thing, The Dr's. office says my employer's insurance is self funded so they can override the insurance company. When I spoke to our HR dept, they said no way. Has anyone heard of this before? Thanks for any info.
Lynne C.

Re: update on nerve block and an insurance question

Dr. Z on 7/23/03 at 17:46 (125071)

I would think and hope that you should see some kind of relief in the next day or two. Usually a self paid fund has alot of say but this is if you are up the corporate ladder in the company

Re: update on nerve block and an insurance question

Lynne C. on 7/23/03 at 17:50 (125073)

Well guess that knocks me out I am far from the top, But I won't give up yet.
Thanks, Lynne