Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Does anyone know Dr. Dellon's success rate?

Posted by Bruce on 7/24/03 at 08:03 (125122)

Just wondering if anyone who has had surgery or a consult with Dr. Dellon knows hid success rate? Thanks.

Re: Does anyone know Dr. Dellon's success rate?

Terry D. on 7/25/03 at 09:08 (125200)

Hi Bruce,
I had my surgery done by Dr. Dellon on May 19th. I was never in pain and the swelling was very minimal. At 5 weeks I was walking somewhat. And by week 6 I was totally off crutches and am now walking quite a bit ( walked for 35 min. straight yesterday and was on my feet for quite a few hrs.)
I had a cyst which had wrapped around my nerves and cut off the blood so they atrophied. Therefore I had lost most of the feeling in the bottom of my foot. This too is slowly returning.
Dr. Dellon spent nearly an hour with me in Tuscon and was friendly and confident he could help me.
He operated on me in Baltimore and everything there was first class. He also participates with Blue Cross so I had virtually no out of pocket expenses.
I don't know his success rate but in my opinion and according to the research I did he is as good as it gets concerning tarsal tunnel.
Good luck,
Terry
Terry

Re: Does anyone know Dr. Dellon's success rate?

Ed Davis, DPM on 7/29/03 at 14:42 (125560)

Bruce:
Dr. Dellon has published papers on tarsal tunnel surgery. It has been a while since I read them but beleive that the numbers were in the high 80's.

I use his surgical CD ROMs to teach our podiatric surgical residents his technique.
Ed