Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Pain from Tarsal Tunnel?

Posted by David on 7/24/03 at 08:19 (125123)

I have tts in both feet and most of my pain is in my big toes, does anyone else have this type of pain? My emg test were positive, thank god, I say that because the doctor told me that some people have the test and the results say negative when they really do have tts, that's a bummer! D.

Re: Big Toe Pain for TTS?? EMG for Dx TTS?

lara on 7/26/03 at 12:39 (125287)

I don't have that kind of pain. You're the second person today I've read that had an EMG test to diagnose TTS? How does that work? I always thought the NCV test was the gold-standard (such as it is).

I changed the subject heading to see if it would generate more of what you wanted. Sometimes it's hard to predict what subject heading will work. Hope it helps.

cindyp on 7/26/03 at 19:50 (125310)

Never had an emg for it. just had an mri and the dr. immediately knew by looking at that.

Des L. on 7/26/03 at 23:56 (125318)

Hi David,

I also have TTS in both feet. It was confirmed by a positive NCV. Like you, I always have pain in both big toes but also in the soles of my feet. I have never heard of an emg test. If anyone wants to explain that I would be interested. Thanks.

Jen W on 7/30/03 at 10:07 (125649)

I was just diagnosed with TTS in my right foot. I had an EMG and that was necative for TTS but the 2 doc's i see said the results arent concurrrent with TTS. I've tried evertything imaginable. I've had cortizone shots but got another one yesterday to see if it will help, and it not, surgery is my answer. I've lived with TTS for 7 years now after I had trauma to the nerve.

Devin on 9/05/03 at 15:21 (128879)

I had an EMG in April for my foot and toe pain. IT WAS NEGATIVE....
I ended up having TTS in May. (Worst decision I ever made!!) However, after the surgery my doctor told me that the nerve was TOTALLY entrapped.